Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Motor upgrading?
#5

(12th-Jan-20, 05:43 AM)steveaca Wrote:  An alternative to what CMOTD suggested would be to change the motors altogether to regular but higher performance FC130 ('S' can) ones. There are adapters available that allow the fitting of these motors to SCX chassis.

Thanks. I bought some adapters ready to do this, then having gone to the trouble of fitting one motor found that screwing back the underpan wasn't possible. Unfortunately the motor, being too chunky, fouled the underside of the interior. I realise I can remove the interior but that isn't a nice look! I woinder if some of those lexan types will be thin enough.

I will look on Ebay Spain for motors as CMOTD suggests. I'd have thought there were some similar motors readily available these days by a manufacturer to substitute for the old RX cans.
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Motor upgrading? - by Ho Lee Kow - 11th-Jan-20, 08:16 PM
RE: Motor upgrading? - by CMOTD - 11th-Jan-20, 09:35 PM
RE: Motor upgrading? - by steveaca - 12th-Jan-20, 05:43 AM
RE: Motor upgrading? - by Ho Lee Kow - 12th-Jan-20, 12:47 PM
RE: Motor upgrading? - by Gordon Steadman - 12th-Jan-20, 07:09 AM
RE: Motor upgrading? - by CMOTD - 12th-Jan-20, 01:07 PM
RE: Motor upgrading? - by Ho Lee Kow - 12th-Jan-20, 01:19 PM
RE: Motor upgrading? - by CMOTD - 12th-Jan-20, 01:36 PM
RE: Motor upgrading? - by Ho Lee Kow - 15th-Jan-20, 12:44 PM
RE: Motor upgrading? - by slotloco - 16th-Jan-20, 06:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by bowley
8th-Oct-24, 12:05 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
27th-Sep-24, 12:09 PM
Last Post by Kevan
15th-Aug-24, 12:26 PM
Last Post by Top Down
10th-Jun-24, 06:45 PM
Last Post by StuBeeDoo
5th-Jan-24, 06:54 PM
Last Post by AlexisGaitanis
30th-Nov-23, 10:21 PM
Last Post by KensRedZed
3rd-Apr-23, 01:32 AM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Mar-23, 12:28 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)