Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thunderslot McLaren
#8

I continue to be somewhat less than impressed with this car.

Because of the problems, I asked a Spanish friend (a Bordo contact) to talk to the dealer for me. The translation progs are basic and I'm deaf so the phone is no good.

The answer is 'nowt we can do'. Spanish/Yorkshire accent.

The problem is well known apparently. No-one who races these cars seriously, keeps the existing rear wheels and tyres. This is unacceptable for any car let alone one that costs as much as this.

I refuse to spend any more on this car. I've fitted some urethanes from Bruno (Slotcarstyres) that are designed for the SlotiT Ferrari. They fit OK if not that tightly. Glued the inner section of the wheel and they, so far, have stayed put.

Playing around with the various adjustments and adding a little weight over the guide has improved it considerably but it still lags behind the Ferrari with it's NSR Shark40. I am nervous about upgrading the motor in the McLaren given the tyre problems. We'll see how it goes on the Carrera track but on MDF it's good but not great.

If I use the Ferrari then I've wasted too much money on one car. I reckon I should stick to retro.
[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 28th-Oct-19, 03:30 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by JasonB - 28th-Oct-19, 08:37 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 28th-Oct-19, 08:40 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by JasonB - 28th-Oct-19, 08:55 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 28th-Oct-19, 09:05 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by JasonB - 28th-Oct-19, 09:29 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 29th-Oct-19, 06:04 AM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 8th-Nov-19, 11:30 AM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 10th-Nov-19, 08:54 AM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by chrisguyw - 10th-Nov-19, 05:11 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Slalom4me - 27th-Feb-20, 08:14 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by chrisguyw - 28th-Feb-20, 03:57 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 10th-Nov-19, 06:27 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by chrisguyw - 10th-Nov-19, 08:18 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 10th-Nov-19, 08:32 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Kevan - 11th-Nov-19, 08:49 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 13th-Nov-19, 12:58 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Fluff - 13th-Nov-19, 03:46 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 13th-Nov-19, 03:47 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by dvd3500 - 28th-Feb-20, 09:01 AM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 28th-Feb-20, 09:11 AM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Slalom4me - 1st-Mar-20, 05:50 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by chrisguyw - 3rd-Mar-20, 10:00 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 8th-Mar-20, 05:09 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 20th-Aug-21, 09:59 AM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by tatter06 - 20th-Aug-21, 11:43 AM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Anthony B - 20th-Aug-21, 12:20 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 20th-Aug-21, 03:59 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Fluff - 20th-Aug-21, 04:41 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 26th-Aug-21, 12:14 PM
RE: Thunderslot McLaren - by Gordon Steadman - 27th-Aug-21, 12:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Anthony B
29th-Apr-26, 07:27 AM
Last Post by lerex
10th-Jan-23, 05:07 PM
Last Post by chrisguyw
15th-Feb-22, 09:33 PM
Last Post by Gpa113
10th-Mar-21, 07:32 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)