4th-Jun-25, 08:22 PM
(4th-Jun-25, 06:17 PM)OXO cube Wrote: so that i get it right ?
in a nut shell , with one question
3x single class events
1/ Revo = single class , virtually stock
2/ Modified = single class , either solid or podded chassis but must be inline
can this class use either rubber and pu , foam and silicone ( not that i would ) or just rubber as stated in event 3 ?
3/ Pro = single class , but is (a) slot.it & Avant only ( virtually stock ) v (b) scratch built ( cannot use slot.it or avant bodies ) as one class
Kev
ps . one more question , will this be a club track only series again ?
Hi Kev,
many thanks for your questions, the feedback helps me to clarify issues in the rules before we get to the launch stage.
You are correct there are 3 single class Events, so every car in an Event is competing with all the others, regardless of construction of the cars within the Event.
So it is back to a 1st, 2nd & 3rd format for each event.
I believe this Theme lends itself to doing things this way because of the nature of the "slot cars" available, I can elaborate on this if necessary but to me there is a clear differences between the cars in the Events which lend itself to this format.
1/ Revo stock, yes it is for the builder to find advantage with the preparation (so Brumos tells me)
2) I will need to check the wording as I believed I stated or implied "only Rubber tyres for all 3 Events", but otherwise yes in line only as I believe "mostly" the available RTR models listed are indeed in line configuration because of the narrow bodies (But I expect someone will tell me that one car or two are otherwise)
Again my thinking is that as I have restricted the motor range for this event to "Standardish" rpm levels there should be less performance difference between entry models regardless of the improvements like 3d chassis and fixed or adjustable motor pods. But theorectically performance should be enhanced for the average builder, however a "super builder" like Kevan as we have seen can make a fixed chassis/motor pod car work as good as a Procar
3) Event 3 is meant to be as "open" as possible for the builder, there is plenty of scope for the "Muscle" car builders to make the cars as they like with plastic, B&W etc chassis of any orienation. Also I wanted to find a way to include the Slot it or Avant type Touring cars which would perform on a fairly even playing field basis. If I allowed builders to use these "lightweight" body cars to be used with for example B&W chassis I believe it would offer an unfair advantage over the Scalex Muscle car body with a similar chassis etc. So I wanted to provide a controlled use for these Procars accordingly.
To be honest I think maybe I now have too much restriction on these cars, and I am thinking of lifting the restrictions in regard to stock motor orientation and motor choice..... I am mulling this over in my head and might well revisit these aspects shortly, I will look back over the previous Touring Cars Proxy for inspiration.
But yes again I want all the cars in the Event to compete with each other regardless of construction.
As to the question of Hosting, I do prefer a "Club Based" large scale track series for these Championship type proxies, in the USA it is the normal way of running them, it is meant to be a "Proxy Race" rather than a single car "time trial". However I don't always have them available, like with this current Global GT proxy, so I asked Conington Park home based track to help out when one of the clubs withdrew their involvement. For the forthcoming "Targa Florio RoadRace" I feel this is more like a single car time trial Proxy, especially with incorperating Rally stages, so I will be looking to use more home based small scale tracks and give some of the clubs a rest perhaps. So I would want to include "Goldrock" in this series in the Autumn...please

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)