1st-May-25, 09:38 AM
(1st-May-25, 09:00 AM)AdeC Wrote:(30th-Apr-25, 10:09 AM)Graham Wrote: Having deliberated over a few weeks I have decided that following the Targa Florio Road Race we will run "Global Touring Cars Challenge" in 2026.
when I have worked out the details I will make a announcement in July, but basically it should be a 3 Group Proxy based on production cars which have entered Touring car Championships like the BTCC, BTC, WTC, WTCC, European Touring and Bathurst 1000, so we get a good mixture of cars.
My initial thoughts is to have 3 Groups/Events
1) Under 2.0 Litre (Pre 88)
2) Over 2.0 Litre (Pre 88)
3) Modern 1990 to present.
Not sure about the composition of Classes as yet, although no more than two for each group.
And not decided what part the Slot it DTM or the Revoslot Gr2 cars might play in it.
I am thinking for this one to restrict the max rpm motor list to 21k rpm, for all the Groups.
Sounds good. Surely Slot It DTM would fit into Modern 1990 to present and the Revo Gr2 cars would just come under Under 2.0 litre pre 88. What have you got against cars from 1989?
It’s early days
But the answer is that regarding the time frames they are approximate based on what slot cars would fit into each group and construction class type. And I am sure that 89 cars were still racing in 1990. There was some reason for the 88 cut off, but at the moment I can’t remember until I start allocating cars into Groups etc. It might have been something to do with actual racing Touring car Class changes ?
I quite like the club event at South Manchester Club based on Scalextric “ Super Touring cars” with 3d chassis and had this in mind for the Modern Group, but extend the range of similar Scalextric and SCX cars to date. So not sure if the “Slot it” DTM cars would be appropriate and if so whether or not to fix them as standard cars class ?
The Revoslots if permitted would fit into the Under 2.O Litre car Group, but would we get that many as a Standard Class on their own, or should it be just part of a mixed group.
The over 2.0 Litre Grouping would be a chance to bring the Muscle cars together from BTCC, Trans Am & Bathurst 1000
I am still mulling these questions over in my mind, and in some part the current Proxy competition may be helpful in pointing me in the right direction.


![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)