22nd-Oct-24, 09:06 AM
Car Issues
I have re-glued the rear tyre on Paul's Alfa Romeo GTV, so that should run better again now. Certainly at the Wirral Club it seemed a little off form.
ALS Thunderslot Mclaren, the gear mesh between the nylon Pinion and the Spur gear was very tight and was locking when I manually turned them. And when I removed the spur gear the pinion seemed a little loose to me on the armature.I think that perhaps because the gears mesh was so tight it has caused the pinion hole in the nylon gear to wear. Ideally the pinion gear needs replacing but I don't have a spare at the moment. Having adjusted the position of the pinion gear in regard to the spur gear the gear mesh is much better, and the parts are moving freely. But there is still a question in regard to whether the pinion will be slipping or not during the next round.
I will order a spare Thunderslot pinion to be fitted probably after this next round.
I have re-glued the rear tyre on Paul's Alfa Romeo GTV, so that should run better again now. Certainly at the Wirral Club it seemed a little off form.
ALS Thunderslot Mclaren, the gear mesh between the nylon Pinion and the Spur gear was very tight and was locking when I manually turned them. And when I removed the spur gear the pinion seemed a little loose to me on the armature.I think that perhaps because the gears mesh was so tight it has caused the pinion hole in the nylon gear to wear. Ideally the pinion gear needs replacing but I don't have a spare at the moment. Having adjusted the position of the pinion gear in regard to the spur gear the gear mesh is much better, and the parts are moving freely. But there is still a question in regard to whether the pinion will be slipping or not during the next round.
I will order a spare Thunderslot pinion to be fitted probably after this next round.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)