21st-Oct-24, 01:48 PM
I am having a quick look at the cars today before dispatching them off to Wye Valley Club tomorrow
Car issues:
ALS Camaro - rear axle wondering again
Could not believe this, but it seems the rear axle has moved again over one side which went unnoticed during the last run. The Crown gear appeared tight on the axle, but the grub screw felt as if it was not holding firm, so I have replaced it. Hopefully this might stop further wondering but the tyre on that side has taken quite a lot of side wall off and the tyre is visibly narrower now than on the opposite side.
Also checked out Brumos Camaro which seemed uneasy on the recent tracks, I found that one of the independent front wheels was rubbing the wheel arch a little, so pressed it in a bit and it seems to rotate more freely now. Not sure if this should be locked into place with the grub screw or not ?
I have some more to check out, so maybe a few more comments later
Car issues:
ALS Camaro - rear axle wondering again
Could not believe this, but it seems the rear axle has moved again over one side which went unnoticed during the last run. The Crown gear appeared tight on the axle, but the grub screw felt as if it was not holding firm, so I have replaced it. Hopefully this might stop further wondering but the tyre on that side has taken quite a lot of side wall off and the tyre is visibly narrower now than on the opposite side.
Also checked out Brumos Camaro which seemed uneasy on the recent tracks, I found that one of the independent front wheels was rubbing the wheel arch a little, so pressed it in a bit and it seems to rotate more freely now. Not sure if this should be locked into place with the grub screw or not ?
I have some more to check out, so maybe a few more comments later

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)