20th-Sep-24, 02:57 PM
Event 2:
Star of the show should have again been Brumos, this time with his Camaro. This car was incredibly fast and smooth, but it lacked brakes (something we've found with the Predator motor around here) which caught out both drivers at the end of the straight. That said, I wouldn't change anything about this car, despite two offs it nearly made it back to first, and had the race time been 20 seconds longer I have no doubt that it would be on the top step. Not to detract from LeManx's Jaguar XJ12. This car is well balanced and a joy to drive and worthy of its first place.
Bangers Racing's Rover was also a delight to throw around the track, nice and controlled.
Batmanx's Camaro took all of us by surprise. I don't think anyone was expecting that kind of pace from that, especially with it's stock chassis (I'd love to know your weight placement on that) so well done with that one.
Paul C's Alfa GTV was (if you excuse the pun) on rails. It was fantastic through the bends. My only criticism is that the gear mesh seems quite tight which I think is seriously hurting the straight line speed. To put it into perspective look at the below photo:
That's the positions the cars rolled to a stop after they passed the gantry at the end of the race. The Alfa stopped almost instantly. This also highlights how free running the predator motors are as you can see the finishing position of Batmanx's Camaro! For reference, the average slot it group c will roll to about mid-bend.
The Ford Capri of Team Cube also cornered very well and had a real cat and mouse race with Ruscillo's Camaro, with the Capri getting ahead in the corners, only for the Camaro to come back past on the straight with its great straight line speed. That's a questionable wheel choice for a Capri though...
The Camaro of ALS is definitely not where it should be in the standings. The car slowed over the course of the races which was found to be due to the whole rear axle slipping on the crown gear causing the tyre to rub on the body. This was re-centered, but the grub screw on the crown gear is slightly rounded and not engaging tightly (which likely led to the slip). I haven't yet checked to see if it's the grub screw head or the thread that is rounded. There is a stopper on one side of the gear but not the other, a stopper both sides could be another option.
Finally Makem's little Dolomite. This handled surprisingly well for a small tall car. Again, the gear mesh seemed quite tight which I think hurt it's ultimate pace
Star of the show should have again been Brumos, this time with his Camaro. This car was incredibly fast and smooth, but it lacked brakes (something we've found with the Predator motor around here) which caught out both drivers at the end of the straight. That said, I wouldn't change anything about this car, despite two offs it nearly made it back to first, and had the race time been 20 seconds longer I have no doubt that it would be on the top step. Not to detract from LeManx's Jaguar XJ12. This car is well balanced and a joy to drive and worthy of its first place.
Bangers Racing's Rover was also a delight to throw around the track, nice and controlled.
Batmanx's Camaro took all of us by surprise. I don't think anyone was expecting that kind of pace from that, especially with it's stock chassis (I'd love to know your weight placement on that) so well done with that one.
Paul C's Alfa GTV was (if you excuse the pun) on rails. It was fantastic through the bends. My only criticism is that the gear mesh seems quite tight which I think is seriously hurting the straight line speed. To put it into perspective look at the below photo:
That's the positions the cars rolled to a stop after they passed the gantry at the end of the race. The Alfa stopped almost instantly. This also highlights how free running the predator motors are as you can see the finishing position of Batmanx's Camaro! For reference, the average slot it group c will roll to about mid-bend.
The Ford Capri of Team Cube also cornered very well and had a real cat and mouse race with Ruscillo's Camaro, with the Capri getting ahead in the corners, only for the Camaro to come back past on the straight with its great straight line speed. That's a questionable wheel choice for a Capri though...
The Camaro of ALS is definitely not where it should be in the standings. The car slowed over the course of the races which was found to be due to the whole rear axle slipping on the crown gear causing the tyre to rub on the body. This was re-centered, but the grub screw on the crown gear is slightly rounded and not engaging tightly (which likely led to the slip). I haven't yet checked to see if it's the grub screw head or the thread that is rounded. There is a stopper on one side of the gear but not the other, a stopper both sides could be another option.
Finally Makem's little Dolomite. This handled surprisingly well for a small tall car. Again, the gear mesh seemed quite tight which I think hurt it's ultimate pace

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)