1st-Apr-24, 11:45 AM
Now fitted to a Capri body shell. Attaching is the familiar Platfit sponge and bracket arrangement used for their other chassis.
Fitting it I don't feel secure in the strength of some pieces as they are very thin. I would be worried about possibly breaking them in trying to fit the body if a tight squeeze, or possibly from a crash. I think the adding of some thin plastic as has been done by some members is not just to stiffen the chassis, but also give a little reassurance.
At the moment it has the normal rubber tires fitted so will try this first then probably switch to the Plafit soft set for more grip. Even so on my little test track it was making some good lap times straight away.
Will set it up for the weekend to try at the club against similar builds.
Fitting it I don't feel secure in the strength of some pieces as they are very thin. I would be worried about possibly breaking them in trying to fit the body if a tight squeeze, or possibly from a crash. I think the adding of some thin plastic as has been done by some members is not just to stiffen the chassis, but also give a little reassurance.
At the moment it has the normal rubber tires fitted so will try this first then probably switch to the Plafit soft set for more grip. Even so on my little test track it was making some good lap times straight away.
Will set it up for the weekend to try at the club against similar builds.
My DIY projects and failures at https://dazee-projects.blogspot.com/
Various projects and videos at https://www.youtube.com/@DaleChan-nel

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)