Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New 1/32 MRSlotcar chassis kit

A new chassis from MRSlotcar should hit the shelves during the first/second quarter of 2022, one that will work with either "hard" or lexan type bodies. (The chassis will be a separate kit, and will not replace the chassis' under the RTR cars from MRSlotcar.)

It is still in the final design stages, with lots of variations being tried,..those variations centering around finding an appropriate amount of torsional flex.

To that end, I have been really hacking up a pre production model.........using various length and thickness center pivot rods, The particular car in the picture is likely close to the final design, and while this version is for lexan type bodies, a separate top plate will be available for mounting "Hard" bodies. Additionally I have suggested that the MRSlotcar adjustable front axle block be used, and an adjustable guide tongue be utilised..and, both these features will be incorporated into the final design.

In its current state (as pictured) it is running on sponge tyres, and on the MRSlotcar commercial track it runs away from anything plastic..........I will be doing some more modifications in the next week or so on the Policar track to assess/maximize its performance on plastic with urethane/rubber tyres.

Cheers
Chris Walker

[Image: fetch?id=131673&d=1636901461]

[Image: fetch?id=131674&d=1636901534]
[+] 7 members Like chrisguyw's post

So 1:24 technology trickling down to 1:32?

I love puttering with gears

(14th-Nov-21, 05:42 PM)BARacer Wrote:  So 1:24 technology trickling down to 1:32?

This technology has been around in 1/32 chassis design for many years,.........it has just not been seen in "plastic".

Cheers
Chris Walker

(14th-Nov-21, 05:42 PM)BARacer Wrote:  So 1:24 technology trickling down to 1:32?

Scratch builders have been making similar chassis for 1/32 for decades.

Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...

I suppose what I was trying to say was that I was not aware of those 'skeletal' type chassis being available to buy at 1:32, as opposed to the HRS podded type of chassis.

And just browsing the Pendle site, I see there are MrSlotcar chassis designed for Slot.it Group C bodies, are they new, or still available anywhere?

Anything designed by Ernie Mosetti will be good, anyone who knows 1:32 slot racing will know that Ernie has been a top racer for many a year and his chassis are used the world over, it's nice to see him bringing the technology to his 1:32 hardbody stuff, Richard Mack (another name synonymous with top end chassis) has been building hardbody kit for some time, and they are works of art.

NB for those that didn't know the MR in MRslot stands for Mosetti Racing

(15th-Nov-21, 08:14 AM)BARacer Wrote:  I suppose what I was trying to say was that I was not aware of those 'skeletal' type chassis being available to buy at 1:32, as opposed to the HRS podded type of chassis.

And just browsing the Pendle site, I see there are MrSlotcar chassis designed for Slot.it Group C bodies, are they new, or still available anywhere?

Hello Jeremy,....The MRSlotcar chassis that are designed to fit the Slot-it Group C chassis (and many other bodies) have been out for a couple of years. There is a revised one of these coming very soon .....it will incorporate the Scaleracing/MRSlotcar adjustable front axle blocks, which are a definite plus.

Here is a pic. of the revised "Patriot" chassis, with the adjustable front axle blocks,...again, a definite improvement over the initial release.

It is designed as a wood track chassis, where the additional chassis weight helps,.....if you race on plastic, or , with magnets, this may not be your first choice.

Cheers
Chris Walker

[Image: DSCN4783.jpg]
[+] 4 members Like chrisguyw's post

Just the one GT3 shaped chassis then please!

How do the hard bodies fix to the top plate, not the existing body posts I suppose

(15th-Nov-21, 03:27 PM)BARacer Wrote:  How do the hard bodies fix to the top plate, not the existing body posts I suppose

Still working on potential options.............one option is to use foam blocks glued to the inside of the body and then an "L" shaped bracket glued to these blocks, and screwed to the chassis plate. This is common on the Plafit type chassis of both 1/32 and 1/24........works very well.
This option will require a completely redesigned top plate, and "L" brackets.

The second option is to build some mounting holes into the chassis plate, which will then be screwed to typical body posts............either way,  the existing body posts will likely not line up, and will either need to be moved/added.

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 2 members Like chrisguyw's post

Outstanding work Chris!!  Watch with expectation as this develops!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by AdeC
14th-Aug-21, 01:33 PM