17th-Dec-23, 10:59 AM
Ok so as way of an explanation, once I posted the original plane yesterday I came to the conclusion that having two specialised Events was going to be difficult to fulfill. Many of our regulars rely on their available models to compete in the proxy. And i thought having two similar "modellers" based Events was too ambitious. But I like to have at least one Event which is a bit more specialised to encourage others into the proxy who might find their niche in this Event.
I also reconsidered the issues of B&W /metal chassis, and removed the restriction of use with them on the basis that if all cars are constrained to In line or Sidewinders and with 20k rpm motors this should reduce any significant advantage of performance they have over the other Class C cars.
I sometimes struggle to see the whole picture with initial design of these proxies until after I have presented them
For this proxy it is worth pointing out that my intention would be to have Class awards for each of the 3 Events at the end of the series, but not the usual 1st, 2nd & 3rd awards. To encourage more Class A entrants in each event the differences between the Classes in terms of motor and motor orientation are much more constricted to give the potential for closer racing between all 3 classes. There will be no Best Team Award, each Event is rewarded separately.
In regards to the question raised by Savage GT, I think the tyre width sizes are generous, and I do allow some tolerance for tyres being "slightly" oversize. If I was to make the tyre widths another half millimeter then of course entrants would still have tyres which were over size, so 10.5mm then becomes 10.7mm etc.
Basically I allow "something" as a tolerance, but won't say what as that encourages others to work to the tolerance rather than the target
I also reconsidered the issues of B&W /metal chassis, and removed the restriction of use with them on the basis that if all cars are constrained to In line or Sidewinders and with 20k rpm motors this should reduce any significant advantage of performance they have over the other Class C cars.
I sometimes struggle to see the whole picture with initial design of these proxies until after I have presented them
For this proxy it is worth pointing out that my intention would be to have Class awards for each of the 3 Events at the end of the series, but not the usual 1st, 2nd & 3rd awards. To encourage more Class A entrants in each event the differences between the Classes in terms of motor and motor orientation are much more constricted to give the potential for closer racing between all 3 classes. There will be no Best Team Award, each Event is rewarded separately.
In regards to the question raised by Savage GT, I think the tyre width sizes are generous, and I do allow some tolerance for tyres being "slightly" oversize. If I was to make the tyre widths another half millimeter then of course entrants would still have tyres which were over size, so 10.5mm then becomes 10.7mm etc.
Basically I allow "something" as a tolerance, but won't say what as that encourages others to work to the tolerance rather than the target

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)