20th-Oct-23, 05:27 PM
(20th-Oct-23, 01:02 PM)Kevan Wrote: This was eventually going to happen and could potentially happen again in the future so we must try to remove the idiot from the equation i.e. covering the delivery address with a new (wrong) label.
I sent two similar sized boxes to a customer in the USA, both full of 3D printed bodyshells, the customer paid me several hundred pounds so I had to make it difficult to go to the wrong address.
A carriers label is always much smaller than A4 so I printed an A4 sized label with the customers name, address, phone number and email in a large font in bold, stuck one on top and one on the side of the box, both completely covered in sellotape.
...it got there no problem, we should do the same or invite a repeat.
I think the “idiots” in this case are working for Manx Independent Carriers, and I am not convinced that if we plastered labels all over the box, that this company would not have sent it to the DPD Lost property office. I also feel that if we are not careful some old labels might be left on by mistake by the hosts as we have to send to 10 different recipients.
So I would stick with one externally visual label, although they can be printed larger than the default setting on the DPD ones sent. Actually the DHL labels I think are bigger and easier to read.
We will also include further details inside the box including my contact details in addition to a copy of the label placed outside.
And my tracker works really well showing the history of the route taken as well as the final destination.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)