7th-Oct-23, 11:12 AM
The issue with GPS trackers is battery life. I was encouraged to get one for an elderly relative who occasionally got lost. Sounded good, until I asked how many months the battery lasted. The answer was about a day if constantly transmitting, up to a week on standby.
With a proxy parcel, you’d need a battery that lasted at least a week or two - perhaps only transmitting once a day - but that does rely on each host remembering to charge the battery fully before dispatch. I think the current missing parcel has been gone 3 weeks? So the battery of any cheap GPS tracker would have died already.
With a proxy parcel, you’d need a battery that lasted at least a week or two - perhaps only transmitting once a day - but that does rely on each host remembering to charge the battery fully before dispatch. I think the current missing parcel has been gone 3 weeks? So the battery of any cheap GPS tracker would have died already.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)