29th-Aug-23, 02:31 PM
(29th-Aug-23, 11:37 AM)Savage GT Wrote:(29th-Aug-23, 11:05 AM)Graham Wrote: So over the weekend managed to give the 2nd batch of cars a test run.
Savage GT - Opel Calibre this was too fast, actually faster than my test car (fitted with magnets) so I will be checking this one carefully.
Nooo .. Deja vu !
You should be able to tell from looking at the underside, I didn't leave the magnet in the pod did I ?
I don't even bother putting them in if I bought the pod separate, but if I robbed it from a stock car there is the possibility I overlooked it.
Other than that, the motor is from the list, I think my ground clearance was safe, so IDK
I have checked and the car is technically legal, the magnetic downforce as fitted in the car is 2gm, so I would not have expected that motor to be excessively high magnetic effect (even though it does say so on the website)
However practically speaking, do I think it represents an unfair advantage over the similar cars on a plastic track..... well possibly yes.
Obviously until you run some of these cars with such motors in situ it is difficult is see what the overall effect is, I previously said that over 5gms of downforce was practically advantageous, but now I will need to review that for the next proxy.....
So I am ok with the car, it is not your fault and your not the only one using this motor.


![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)