29th-Aug-23, 07:14 AM
(28th-Aug-23, 12:11 PM)Kevan Wrote: Hi Graham, can you please make sure the track clearance rule is fully transparent.
Some of our club members wondered how you can have a clearance rule that doesn't include the bodyshell and how can you scrutineer a track clearance if the bodyshell sits below the limit without removing the bodyshell.
Mostly in this context we are talking about the odd model which might have a front or rear bumper valance which is lower in that area than the rest of the body. Especially in front of the guide which is often the lowest part of the model to the track surface. I am measuring the track clearance in the motor/ chassis area between the front and rear wheels. My concern is predominantly about the effect or advantage of motor magnetic traction on the plastic tracks. But I will add this clarification to the rules. I am now using a round calibrated metal washer that I place under the car and place the car on top of it on the set up plate.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)