17th-Mar-23, 09:47 PM
OK Houston (or whichever part of the USA Brumos and Courtney come from), we have a problem!
I have run the 3 lap Prologue for each event, and the issue of guide depth has raised it's ugly head. Courtney and Brumos were the biggest sufferers, but almost from the first car I put on the track, it became clear it wasn't going be the fun filled evening I was hoping for. The blades on the two US cars were just too deep for my Scalextric Classic/SCX track. They basically 'interfaced' with the plastic tabs that form the bottom of the slot, and because their guides did not have any chamfer on the bottom corner, they just dug in and refused to move. I did manage to coax one of their cars round, but it was borderline in terms of risk of damage so I won't be trying it again in the longer second leg of the round. These cars will have their day on other tracks, but not this weekend I'm afraid.
The next phenomenon was cars with guides that were too deep but with chamfered leading edges, and there were quite a few of them. These cars went round, but the front of the cars were bouncing of the plastic slot tabs all the way round. I didn't run these cars at any kind of racing speed in order to avoid any mishaps, but they all recorded a time.
There were also some cars whose guides dragged in the slot around some of the tighter bends, causing some to stall. Unfortunately one of these bends was in the opposite side to the driver's station, so time was lost with me having to jump round and push it onto the next straight.
But there were cars in each Event that didn't suffer any of these issues, and this put them at the pointy end of the field. And none of the Event 4 Modern WRCs suffered, so that was a nice way to end the evening.
So I hope the above helps with your understanding of the following result sheets for this evening's efforts...
Event 1 Monte Carlo - first leg
Event 2 Rally B Cars - first leg
Event 3 Rally Legends - first leg
Event 4 Modern WRC - first leg
I will be running two of the second legs tomorrow morning, and the remaining two in the evening.
I have run the 3 lap Prologue for each event, and the issue of guide depth has raised it's ugly head. Courtney and Brumos were the biggest sufferers, but almost from the first car I put on the track, it became clear it wasn't going be the fun filled evening I was hoping for. The blades on the two US cars were just too deep for my Scalextric Classic/SCX track. They basically 'interfaced' with the plastic tabs that form the bottom of the slot, and because their guides did not have any chamfer on the bottom corner, they just dug in and refused to move. I did manage to coax one of their cars round, but it was borderline in terms of risk of damage so I won't be trying it again in the longer second leg of the round. These cars will have their day on other tracks, but not this weekend I'm afraid.
The next phenomenon was cars with guides that were too deep but with chamfered leading edges, and there were quite a few of them. These cars went round, but the front of the cars were bouncing of the plastic slot tabs all the way round. I didn't run these cars at any kind of racing speed in order to avoid any mishaps, but they all recorded a time.
There were also some cars whose guides dragged in the slot around some of the tighter bends, causing some to stall. Unfortunately one of these bends was in the opposite side to the driver's station, so time was lost with me having to jump round and push it onto the next straight.
But there were cars in each Event that didn't suffer any of these issues, and this put them at the pointy end of the field. And none of the Event 4 Modern WRCs suffered, so that was a nice way to end the evening.
So I hope the above helps with your understanding of the following result sheets for this evening's efforts...
Event 1 Monte Carlo - first leg
Event 2 Rally B Cars - first leg
Event 3 Rally Legends - first leg
Event 4 Modern WRC - first leg
I will be running two of the second legs tomorrow morning, and the remaining two in the evening.
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)