7th-Feb-23, 03:10 PM
My view on tyres in general is that for these Proxy's, Rubber Branded tyres should be used, the only exception I know of with my club racing experience is for Vintage Slot car racing where Ortmann replica tyres are often the case or specified in the competition rules due to the original Rubber ones no longer being available. Individuals are now quite able to make their own PU tyres and use their own recipes/methods. I am an ex PU chemist so I know you can do a lot to influence the resulting compound which is used.
There is the also the issue that the PU tyres tend to "clean off the track" so perhaps influencing the performance of the following cars which are used immediately afterwards. How important that is in the terms of Proxy racing is really conjecture, but if you go to clubs with wood tracks there is often a lot of debate and frowning of heads about this if someone turns up with PU tyres at a rubber only tyre event.
I think if everyone uses PU tyres or the proxy rules state PU tyres only, then there is no problem.
I have in earlier Proxy events allowed PU tyres, but they really were not that good for the entrants which used them, mostly because we use such a varied mixture of different Plastic and wood surfaces. A medium hardness Rubber tyre usually works the best.
There is the also the issue that the PU tyres tend to "clean off the track" so perhaps influencing the performance of the following cars which are used immediately afterwards. How important that is in the terms of Proxy racing is really conjecture, but if you go to clubs with wood tracks there is often a lot of debate and frowning of heads about this if someone turns up with PU tyres at a rubber only tyre event.
I think if everyone uses PU tyres or the proxy rules state PU tyres only, then there is no problem.
I have in earlier Proxy events allowed PU tyres, but they really were not that good for the entrants which used them, mostly because we use such a varied mixture of different Plastic and wood surfaces. A medium hardness Rubber tyre usually works the best.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)