5th-Dec-22, 10:36 AM
The other Manx entry has built a brass SW chassis for a Ninco XK120...it goes rather nice which got me thinking about the XK120 I pensioned off recently...plastic SW chassis with a SlotIt pod 54mm across the tyre walls...very tall order, can't be done
...or can it?
Pod bearings are gone, an AW gear has the boss length ground back half way through the screw hole so the only way to fix it to the axle was either glue...or solder. It's not something I've done before but tinned the axle with acid flux then pushed the spur gear in place whilst the solder was melted - it's not going anywhere now!
Currently fettling to get sufficient clearances whilst keeping some strength in the 3D printed plastic.
Hopefully get it testing on Thursday.
Photos when I get home.
...or can it?
Pod bearings are gone, an AW gear has the boss length ground back half way through the screw hole so the only way to fix it to the axle was either glue...or solder. It's not something I've done before but tinned the axle with acid flux then pushed the spur gear in place whilst the solder was melted - it's not going anywhere now!
Currently fettling to get sufficient clearances whilst keeping some strength in the 3D printed plastic.
Hopefully get it testing on Thursday.
Photos when I get home.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)