2nd-Sep-22, 02:59 PM
One car has made it to finish, just some testing and final tweaks to be made.
I have been putting together slot cars for a few years now, but this was the first one I have added lights too
I opted for warm white front leds to look more like the period incandescent lights (actually they may have had halogens on the BMW IRL)
TBH the lights were bought to go in the 512M and came in a set of 5 pairs, they also happed to be close to the same size as the fitted chrome lights.
I did manage to break the corner off one of the front lenses, but a bit of UV resin sorted that out.
The second car is still in the paintshop, The Lemans decals I had were not fitting the body quite right, so I designed a new set and Colin (C&C Designs) very kindly printed them off for me and got them in the post the same day, Thank you kind sir
I just have to wait for RM to deliver them, and I can make a bit more headway on car 2
I have been putting together slot cars for a few years now, but this was the first one I have added lights too
I opted for warm white front leds to look more like the period incandescent lights (actually they may have had halogens on the BMW IRL)
TBH the lights were bought to go in the 512M and came in a set of 5 pairs, they also happed to be close to the same size as the fitted chrome lights.
I did manage to break the corner off one of the front lenses, but a bit of UV resin sorted that out.
The second car is still in the paintshop, The Lemans decals I had were not fitting the body quite right, so I designed a new set and Colin (C&C Designs) very kindly printed them off for me and got them in the post the same day, Thank you kind sir
I just have to wait for RM to deliver them, and I can make a bit more headway on car 2

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)