9th-Aug-22, 02:13 PM
So for my last thoughts on the Grand PrixVery much enjoyed running this Proxy Theme, I thought the standard motor rule across all Classes worked well. Loved the diversity of cars across the 4 eras/ Classes, would love to had more entrants in this one, but we had just enough to make it possible. Perhaps would have been better with just two classes to make it more competitive with the low numbers. We had some new host venues which was really great, something we really need is the diversity of different tracks and hosts/clubs to make these events different from the Club circuit.
As for the results:
Obviously Courtney Sport were late in the running with their 2nd car which most likely cost them the Championship overall.
, but I am of course delighted that I managed a 1st win for my RoadRunners team, but if I look at the table above, I don't think anyone was that far away from a podium position. Congratulations to the other Class winners and runners up.
We had a fair share of breakdowns and repairs which needed to be done by the hosts, their help is always greatly appreciated in these events.
Unfortunately I will not be planning a new Grand Prix for next year, we have some discussion in the background with this years American Road Race + Grand Prix Entrants about what topics we might do next year, so when it came to a vote, the Grand Prix was not so well supported and is out of the planned programme for 2023.
But that's not to exclude anyone else from organising one if they so wish, they would certainly have my support if they did.
So time to say "A very big Thankyou to all the entrants and hosts for their efforts in making the cars available or in finding the time in running them at clubs or as individuals.
I will send out a limited number of winners medals when the cars are returned, no vouchers this time unfortunately.
There will be more to be said about my proposals for next years Proxy themes very shortly

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)