31st-Jul-22, 08:58 PM
![[Image: 34010-D7-B-BEFB-4-F52-AC6-B-FD19-A6906891.jpg]](https://i.postimg.cc/DZ8Kmbj7/34010-D7-B-BEFB-4-F52-AC6-B-FD19-A6906891.jpg)
- A total of ten cars dropped in position compared to the their Round 0 / shootout result. Here is my notes on the ten cars that dropped.
1 position dropped
JMS - Fantastic car, dropped from 3rd to 4th. This car is still a touch down on traction compared to Cgyracer or PK CZ's car which I still remember from November. Beautiful!!
Audi1 - awesome car, smooth, maybe a hair less traction than what you had in Round 0.
Big Duhg - Smooth but traction is down. Similar to what I remember back in November. This car fascinates me, it placed an average of 20th place the first four races and the last two races it received a 3rd and 7th place. This is what proxy racing is all about , how do we build a great car that does well with all drivers, variety of track surfaces and conditions.
5 positions dropped
Camber - Smooth but down on traction a bit now.
Brumos RSR - Same as Camber's, traction was the only issue
8 positions dropped
Leadfoot46 - Very smooth and great traction, speed is down compared to the others.
12 positions dropped
Jimmyslots - Another car that just recently caught my attention. Some very good finishes the first six races with two podiums . Race #6 however Jimmy gets top qualifier but yet finished 2nd last. Tires were very clean yesterday after I cleaned them so not sure why the traction issues that seems to have carried over from the last race.
SR Hawaii - Tires are very small and there was black debris that was tough to take off. The slightest pressure of cleaning tape would push the wheels / pod into the car which would not allow the tape to pick up the debris. I had to push down on the inside of the rim to get any debris off and a lot of debris came off with me cleaning the tires this way. SR Hawaii has been in 24th place most of the season and I'm sure it is because of the black debris that is tough to clean.
13 positions dropped
F1Fan - Another car that fascinates me. A great running car that finished 7th in Round 0 and 4th in Race #1. Ever since then the car has not placed well which is very unusual for Sir F1Fan. Round 0 MID-BC is a big 90 foot track with sweeping corners and Race 1 was at the big Tanex track in Vancouver. I really thought the car back at MID-BC qualifying the car would be back to where it was in Round 0. The motor feels very fast plus possibly with slight less traction now the motor is overcoming the traction?
15 positions dropped
Smokeio - When I see a series leader drop like this I have alarm bells going off inside my head. What I did notice as you can see in the video the car is extremely loud now and as I pointed out in the video the gear mesh I believe is causing this. It takes quite a bit of movement of the spur gear before it actually engages the pinion. With permission I can try to slide the spur gear towards the angle winder pinion a bit. To me the spur gear might of slipped a bit.
I saw this post from Sherman in Race #5.
"Smokio's #70's gears started getting worringly noisy in the last two heats- finished ok though"
Races #5 & #6 Smokeio finished very well with 4th and 5th places finishes so the noisy gears did not affect the outcome. The car did feel a little loose though yesterday and possibly the gear mesh might not be causing this, I will put the car on the block and makes sure nothing looks weird. This is very concerning to me.
Additional notes
- The two cars with the loose windshields (Brumos RSR & one other car) If they have open side windows I should be able to put a drop of glue through the open side window and put in place. This would be ideal because I hate to open cars up plus the interior would need to be removed and that can be troublesome. I'll see what I can do from the outside. I'll let you know. No penalties, this is from racing wear and tear.
- I did see a lot of rubber, rubber balls, and even fibers on the rear and front tires and I think it might be a good practice to clean all four tires just to make sure the cars all start at the same cleanliness. You have to think with well planted front tires that cleanliness would be just as important for the front tires to run true.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)