23rd-Jul-22, 09:35 PM
Well, it's been a crazy week of hot days, busy work and other tribulations; but we managed to run the next round of the Summer Grand Prix at Viking SCC.
Firstly, thank you to everyone who has entered this proxy for letting us run your cars. There's a few of us at Viking SCC who really enjoy it when the proxy's come to town as it gives us the opportunity to see and race some cars that we wouldn't normally run, and see some awesome creations too. And whilst some are clearly faster than others in each class, each builder should be proud of their entry as every car had its own character and traits
As I didn't have an entry in this proxy, I have intentionally been keeping a bit of a distance from the feedback to date so each car could be run and viewed from a open perspective.
The rounds were run on our 6 lane scalextric sport track. It's quite a technical track and a far cry from the smooth and sweeping wood tracks that I imagine many of these cars were set up for. We typically run silicone tyres, but in preparation for this event, a few hundred laps were run in the two lanes of choice to rubber in the track as best as possible before the event. The cars were run in pairs for 20 laps. The two drivers then swapped cars and ran another 20 laps so each car was run by both drivers.
I have video footage of each run which I am hoping to cobble together and upload as soon as I can but for now here are the results:
Class A - Early Flyers:
I loved every one of these cars. The Merc's with their s-can motors are clearly the most drivable around here, with the #14 ultimately having more predictable grip. The Scarab took a worthy 3rd, but was more of a handful to drive.
Firstly, thank you to everyone who has entered this proxy for letting us run your cars. There's a few of us at Viking SCC who really enjoy it when the proxy's come to town as it gives us the opportunity to see and race some cars that we wouldn't normally run, and see some awesome creations too. And whilst some are clearly faster than others in each class, each builder should be proud of their entry as every car had its own character and traits
As I didn't have an entry in this proxy, I have intentionally been keeping a bit of a distance from the feedback to date so each car could be run and viewed from a open perspective.
The rounds were run on our 6 lane scalextric sport track. It's quite a technical track and a far cry from the smooth and sweeping wood tracks that I imagine many of these cars were set up for. We typically run silicone tyres, but in preparation for this event, a few hundred laps were run in the two lanes of choice to rubber in the track as best as possible before the event. The cars were run in pairs for 20 laps. The two drivers then swapped cars and ran another 20 laps so each car was run by both drivers.
I have video footage of each run which I am hoping to cobble together and upload as soon as I can but for now here are the results:
Class A - Early Flyers:
I loved every one of these cars. The Merc's with their s-can motors are clearly the most drivable around here, with the #14 ultimately having more predictable grip. The Scarab took a worthy 3rd, but was more of a handful to drive.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)