Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Body post fixing to bodyshell
#1

I have a GT models AC Cobra which runs on a 3D chassis of mine.  It runs lovely but the front body post which was superglued under the bonnet sheared off after a fairly minor initial test run.

Maybe superglue isn't the best solution for resin but it works great for plastic bodyshells.

So what else did I have...I don't like epoxy...but I have a tube of clear 'sticks like sh*t' that I've used for sealing edges of wooden boards, it even stopped a leak on the utility room ceiling and boy does it stick! It even works on wet surfaces.

So I used a blob of that, put it together and left it 24 hours.  Now the post is 'stuck like sh*t' with a little flex.

It would probably be great for reinforcing inside bodyshells also.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 2 members Like Kevan's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Body post fixing to bodyshell - by Kevan - 4th-Jul-22, 03:33 PM
RE: Body post fixing to bodyshell - by Top Down - 5th-Jul-22, 09:34 AM
RE: Body post fixing to bodyshell - by Fluff - 5th-Jul-22, 09:53 AM
RE: Body post fixing to bodyshell - by Kevan - 5th-Jul-22, 09:56 AM
RE: Body post fixing to bodyshell - by nkarres - 5th-Jul-22, 10:26 AM
RE: Body post fixing to bodyshell - by Kevan - 5th-Jul-22, 12:35 PM
RE: Body post fixing to bodyshell - by nkarres - 5th-Jul-22, 01:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by 42redcat
21st-May-22, 09:09 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
1st-May-21, 01:51 AM
Last Post by 964rh
27th-Apr-21, 08:38 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)