Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Mounting posts for body shells
#1

Evening  Wavegreen

Having seen a number of the excellent kit builds on the forum recently,  I have a question ? 

Some of the body shells    appear to have been fitted with what looks like to me, a plastic body mount, with a threaded insert?
They seem to be fitted in place with epoxy resin.  I guess they are trimmable for length. 

Am I correct   and if so, does a anybody know where I can buy them?
Even Pendle don't appear to have anything similar.....

Thanks,  
Pip
[+] 1 member Likes Gpa113's post
Quote
#2

Hi Pip,

Evergreen styrene round tubing is available at most hobby shops.

https://evergreenscalemodels.com/collect...rene-tubes

Numbers 225 (for 2-56 inserts) and 227 (for 4-40 size inserts) are two common sizes.

Brass inserts can be found at places like Professor Motor.

https://www.professormotor.com/product-p/pmtr7012.htm

You will need to do your own homework to make sure the inserts you buy fits the inside of tubing. I don't know what the Professor Motor inserts above fit.

I buy inserts from a bulk supplier that only sells them by the box.

Best of luck with your builds!
Ken
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#3

Hi Ken 

Thanks for your reply,  that makes perfect sense. 

So I was correct with what I thought I was looking at, but you need to make them yourself,  from two separate parts, got it Wrench

Will do my homework,  and hope to get it right Sun

Thanks,  
Pip
[+] 2 members Like Gpa113's post
Quote
#4

Now that I know what to look for it turns out that good old Pendle slot racing stock the styrene round tubing. 

So just got to find brass inserts.  One for Uncle ebay I think...

Thanks again Ken for your explanation.  Rofl
Quote
#5

At a mere $3 USD a package. Why would you not try Professor Motor inserts?

I'm surprised Pendle doesn't carry parts like that for scratch builders.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nkarres
5th-Jul-22, 01:42 PM
Last Post by 42redcat
21st-May-22, 09:09 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
1st-May-21, 01:51 AM
Last Post by 964rh
27th-Apr-21, 08:38 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)