24th-Jun-22, 11:53 AM
The grid is lined up ready for the next round:
Thanks for letting me play with them, all the cars are a credit to their builders. I have given them a quick shake down to check they are working and will run the round over the weekend with results posted probably on Monday. My track tends to reward straight line acceleration/speed so we shall see how they get on.
Observations so far:
As noted in a previous round the Ferrari Squalo of Team RNLI has a bent rear axle so it bounces a bit but is still useable.
Mountain View's Shadow DN1 seems to be devoid of brakes so I will have to look at that, possibly losing contact with the copper tape so probably just needs a bit of braid adjustment.
Scott Sports Renault R28 has a loose rear wheel so I will glue that before the start.
The body on Team Tatters FW07 bounces up and down on the straights due to its lack of a rear fixing. Porpoising just like the current 1:1 cars I suppose so top marks for realism.
It doesn't seem to affect the handling at all though, just looks a bit peculiar.
Was the real Williams FW40 that long? It resembles a stretch limo and there is probably room for a passenger.
An honourable mention for Bangers Racing Porsche 804 - first time I have ever seen a rubbish Scalextric Formula Junior turned into something remotely competitive.
Thanks for letting me play with them, all the cars are a credit to their builders. I have given them a quick shake down to check they are working and will run the round over the weekend with results posted probably on Monday. My track tends to reward straight line acceleration/speed so we shall see how they get on.
Observations so far:
As noted in a previous round the Ferrari Squalo of Team RNLI has a bent rear axle so it bounces a bit but is still useable.
Mountain View's Shadow DN1 seems to be devoid of brakes so I will have to look at that, possibly losing contact with the copper tape so probably just needs a bit of braid adjustment.
Scott Sports Renault R28 has a loose rear wheel so I will glue that before the start.
The body on Team Tatters FW07 bounces up and down on the straights due to its lack of a rear fixing. Porpoising just like the current 1:1 cars I suppose so top marks for realism.
It doesn't seem to affect the handling at all though, just looks a bit peculiar.Was the real Williams FW40 that long? It resembles a stretch limo and there is probably room for a passenger.
An honourable mention for Bangers Racing Porsche 804 - first time I have ever seen a rubbish Scalextric Formula Junior turned into something remotely competitive.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)