13th-May-22, 05:29 PM
Yesterday evening, I ran the cars for five shake-down laps to check all was well. Hit a snag with the Ford Falcon of LooseSalute which ran well for 3 laps then stopped with the track power LED flashing to indicate an electrical short circuit. I checked underneath and all looked OK but the motor would not run. I abandoned it and subsequent investigation was bit inconclusive. Braids and wire connections seemed OK but I did a bit of tidying anyway. I then suspected the wires may have been shorting on the motor case and did some minor tidying there. The motor then ran so that area looks like the culprit and some further track-time was successful (although I didn't time it). Seems to be ok today.
Enjoyed running most of the cars and in fact most of them were better than my own...
Planning to do the competitive runs on Saturday and am looking forward to that.
I am a regular critic of F1 commentators who talk about drivers "leading" the free practice sessions but here I am being hypocritical and publishing the shakedown "results" !
Track is in a small room so camera doesn't cover all of it. Power was at 11.8 volts and the track is wired for dynamic braking and I am using a Scalextric Sport Controller.
Have to confess to accidentally detaching one of the door mirrors from the TR8 but it basically just pulled out of its socket (probably best if I leave it out and send it back with the cars in a little bag).
Leo
Enjoyed running most of the cars and in fact most of them were better than my own...
Planning to do the competitive runs on Saturday and am looking forward to that.
I am a regular critic of F1 commentators who talk about drivers "leading" the free practice sessions but here I am being hypocritical and publishing the shakedown "results" !
Track is in a small room so camera doesn't cover all of it. Power was at 11.8 volts and the track is wired for dynamic braking and I am using a Scalextric Sport Controller.
Have to confess to accidentally detaching one of the door mirrors from the TR8 but it basically just pulled out of its socket (probably best if I leave it out and send it back with the cars in a little bag).
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)