10th-May-22, 09:57 AM
Good Morning,I am pleased to see that I have generated some interest already
any feedback is very useful to me in getting the balance right. So please feel free to express your opinions, as I say at the bottom of the plan "nothing is set in concrete" as yet.To explain why I chosen to have the structure as it is,
unlike the Slot Car Rally UK Live events, the entrants are not able to influence directly themselves the running of the cars for each stage, so it is mostly the cars inherent set up or ease of running which will govern how well each car does once in the hands of our nominated drivers. So for me there is a real difference between a "live" and a "Proxy" event which needs to be considered regarding the structure of the classes.
I like to have the 4 class system of up to 10 cars each, as it keeps everyone in touch with a chance at the podium rather than having fewer classes with many entrants most of which may become remote contenders. And in having 4 classes means that the entrants have to gamble as to which classes they enter to get the best chance of a Team (2 car) result, adds to the chances of getting different winners for each class and team result.
So in order to make the 4 classes this time I decided to make each class of different slot car construction rather than based on different era's (i.e Standard, Modified, Pro Car & Open). The question about how much freedom you should allow the "modified" class as apposed to a "open" class is always debatable. And I know that in the similar modified classes in the "American Road Race" or in the "Endurance & InterSeries" I have chose different degrees of freedom based on the extent of the range of car types which are able to run, and what I think is necessary to make a close racing class competition. I don't necessarily think I am always getting it right either but I try to do my best and learn by my mistakes.
With this event I choose to make the "Modified" class based on the same brand motors to make it different from the "open Class" which allows for any motor or any other components to be used. So for example you can use a Scalex bodied car with a 3d chassis, a Scalex motor and restricted list of slot it upgrade components etc, in the "modified class" but if you want to fit a NSR motor with complete freedom of all other components the car becomes a "open" class car which I think is entirely compatible with the structure of the proxy.
But I will give the comments made some further thought before I finally fix the rules. I certainly think Kevan's comment on the driver/navigator interior is probably the best to adopt across most classes, although I might write in an exemption to allow for Standard Rally Cross cars, as I have one

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)