19th-Apr-22, 04:50 PM
I'll just park this here for 'next time' - because I'm not sure everyone has quite grasped it yet...
Of the dozen or so cars that have had problems on the climb over the 4 races in the past 16 months, only one had a fat guide that stuck in corners (the Brumos Camaro) - all the other dodgy guides were too deep and/or had too much out front. The red pointy Scaleauto guides are the worst. Some have even caught the gaps in the bottom of the slot on a flat section - but it's the changes of elevation where the guide will catch most easily. Basic geometry... but it's easy to test and easy to tweak. People can't give away classic track, so it's not an expensive bit of testing kit!
It's heart-breaking when I can't run all the cars - and there's so much thought and intricate engineering gone into these entries, it's a shame a simple thing like guide geometry scuppered the race for eight of the runners.
Anyway, looking forward to yet another different surface up at Mountain View... I like it when a proxy winner needs to be a great all-rounder.
Of the dozen or so cars that have had problems on the climb over the 4 races in the past 16 months, only one had a fat guide that stuck in corners (the Brumos Camaro) - all the other dodgy guides were too deep and/or had too much out front. The red pointy Scaleauto guides are the worst. Some have even caught the gaps in the bottom of the slot on a flat section - but it's the changes of elevation where the guide will catch most easily. Basic geometry... but it's easy to test and easy to tweak. People can't give away classic track, so it's not an expensive bit of testing kit!
It's heart-breaking when I can't run all the cars - and there's so much thought and intricate engineering gone into these entries, it's a shame a simple thing like guide geometry scuppered the race for eight of the runners.
Anyway, looking forward to yet another different surface up at Mountain View... I like it when a proxy winner needs to be a great all-rounder.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)