14th-Apr-22, 09:13 AM
Pit Lane Review
after only 3 stages, we have seen already that there are some faster cars appearing, but in general the field looks still very tight at the top.
I have taken notice of the "braid curling issue" which AdeC reported due to the cars being packed in foam pockets. This is something I had not anticipated and on reflection I probably should have fitted a foam board mounting insert with a slot cut into it, and placed into each pocket. I am consulting with the next hosts to see if a make do solution can be found, as the cars still have a very long way to travel so that a little concerning.
It is the first time we run a Proxy stage with a club based Scalextric Sport Track, rather than a home based track, so that was very welcome addition to our general plan to run cars on a varied mixture of track surfaces and hosting situations. I hope the Viking Club will be encouraged to participate again during the series of events I have in mind.
I need to take a break right now, but will come back with some more thoughts shortly.
Ok after a quick shopping trip I am back,
So there were a few issues with the cars, the Monte Carlo of Rokers Roar sounds as if it is developing an issue, I will ask our next host to check if everything is in place or not, and maybe we might have to send this one back to the Entrant for some maintenance rather than risk causing more damage on the Hillclimb ? A few others have inherent problems that I think we will have to live with, as they are more to do with the construction of the car as it was sent.
Results
Cannonball run
1st place - Gold Lamborghini Gallardo of Green Star Racing, not surprising that it should secure top spot as it had plenty of fine tuning made on this circuit I would imagine.
2nd place - Porsche 997 of Brumos RSR seemed again at home on the Club track, although possibly it's first outing on a Scalex Sport track surface.
3rd Place- Megane of Ruscillo Racing, although clocking up the fastest lap of all the Class A cars and 5th fastest car overall on the day, appeared to have developed a inconsistency issue perhaps with the braids (from AdeC's report).
Pan American
1st place- AC Cobra of Bangers Racing, a great little car to run this one and AdeC is right about the HRS2 chassis whch always seem to have run well on these events.
2nd place - Corvette of Roadrunners, what can I say, obviously the host's were mesmerised into running this great little car into second position.
3rd place- Red Corvette of ALS Racing, I won't make any comments about the size of it this time
but it is going to be a constant battle between these two Corvettes
Classic Trans Am & NASCARS
1st Place - Mustang Notchback of Team Tatters made it into first place at last, so perhaps we will have a battle between this car and the Camaro ?
2nd Place - Camaro of Brumos RSR not quite able to make it 3 wins in a row, but I am sure we will see more.
3rd place - Camaro of Mountain View Racing Team, who have struggled abit this year so far having taken most of the prizes in last years Le Mans event.
Modern Trans Am & NASCARS
1st place -Porsche 914/6 at last found itself enough stability to get on the top of the rostrum, certainly looking like the fastest car of all in this competition to date.
2nd place - De Tomaso of Green Star Racing, having lost out to my Greenwood Corvette on the previous stage, seems to have come alive again on this one. Obviously the feminine charms of it's "Rear End" of the Greenwood was not enough to seduce the hosts into giving it a little more throttle to get it into the top 3
3rd place - Porsche 911s of Bangers Racing, definately one that will be pushing all the way to the end.
Team Points
Bangers racing on top at the moment but all of the first 3 contenders are looking very strong at the moment
Green Star Racing and Roadrunners are keeping in step, and at this early stage anything can happen.
General comment
Still very competitive at the top, and we are only 3 stages into this 10 stage competition.
How will they get on with the Devils Dyke Hillclimb, almost certainly there will be some upsets there.......
I am also posting results on the Fastest Lap times for each Stage of the event, this is of course across all the 4 classes, and I will look at doing something to recognise this achievement overall at the end of the series.
So off we go to Brighton where our host will test all the cars on his notorious Hillclimb track, I for one are keeping all my fingers crossed that my cars most importantly make it to the top unscathed , coming in the running will be a bonus
Sponsors
Pendle Slot Racing www.pendleslotracing.co.uk
George Turner Models www.georgeturnermodels.com
Amato Slot Car Design
after only 3 stages, we have seen already that there are some faster cars appearing, but in general the field looks still very tight at the top.
I have taken notice of the "braid curling issue" which AdeC reported due to the cars being packed in foam pockets. This is something I had not anticipated and on reflection I probably should have fitted a foam board mounting insert with a slot cut into it, and placed into each pocket. I am consulting with the next hosts to see if a make do solution can be found, as the cars still have a very long way to travel so that a little concerning.
It is the first time we run a Proxy stage with a club based Scalextric Sport Track, rather than a home based track, so that was very welcome addition to our general plan to run cars on a varied mixture of track surfaces and hosting situations. I hope the Viking Club will be encouraged to participate again during the series of events I have in mind.
I need to take a break right now, but will come back with some more thoughts shortly.
Ok after a quick shopping trip I am back,
So there were a few issues with the cars, the Monte Carlo of Rokers Roar sounds as if it is developing an issue, I will ask our next host to check if everything is in place or not, and maybe we might have to send this one back to the Entrant for some maintenance rather than risk causing more damage on the Hillclimb ? A few others have inherent problems that I think we will have to live with, as they are more to do with the construction of the car as it was sent.
Results
Cannonball run
1st place - Gold Lamborghini Gallardo of Green Star Racing, not surprising that it should secure top spot as it had plenty of fine tuning made on this circuit I would imagine.
2nd place - Porsche 997 of Brumos RSR seemed again at home on the Club track, although possibly it's first outing on a Scalex Sport track surface.
3rd Place- Megane of Ruscillo Racing, although clocking up the fastest lap of all the Class A cars and 5th fastest car overall on the day, appeared to have developed a inconsistency issue perhaps with the braids (from AdeC's report).
Pan American
1st place- AC Cobra of Bangers Racing, a great little car to run this one and AdeC is right about the HRS2 chassis whch always seem to have run well on these events.
2nd place - Corvette of Roadrunners, what can I say, obviously the host's were mesmerised into running this great little car into second position.
3rd place- Red Corvette of ALS Racing, I won't make any comments about the size of it this time
but it is going to be a constant battle between these two CorvettesClassic Trans Am & NASCARS
1st Place - Mustang Notchback of Team Tatters made it into first place at last, so perhaps we will have a battle between this car and the Camaro ?
2nd Place - Camaro of Brumos RSR not quite able to make it 3 wins in a row, but I am sure we will see more.
3rd place - Camaro of Mountain View Racing Team, who have struggled abit this year so far having taken most of the prizes in last years Le Mans event.
Modern Trans Am & NASCARS
1st place -Porsche 914/6 at last found itself enough stability to get on the top of the rostrum, certainly looking like the fastest car of all in this competition to date.
2nd place - De Tomaso of Green Star Racing, having lost out to my Greenwood Corvette on the previous stage, seems to have come alive again on this one. Obviously the feminine charms of it's "Rear End" of the Greenwood was not enough to seduce the hosts into giving it a little more throttle to get it into the top 3
3rd place - Porsche 911s of Bangers Racing, definately one that will be pushing all the way to the end.
Team Points
Bangers racing on top at the moment but all of the first 3 contenders are looking very strong at the moment
Green Star Racing and Roadrunners are keeping in step, and at this early stage anything can happen.
General comment
Still very competitive at the top, and we are only 3 stages into this 10 stage competition.
How will they get on with the Devils Dyke Hillclimb, almost certainly there will be some upsets there.......
I am also posting results on the Fastest Lap times for each Stage of the event, this is of course across all the 4 classes, and I will look at doing something to recognise this achievement overall at the end of the series.
So off we go to Brighton where our host will test all the cars on his notorious Hillclimb track, I for one are keeping all my fingers crossed that my cars most importantly make it to the top unscathed , coming in the running will be a bonus
Sponsors
Pendle Slot Racing www.pendleslotracing.co.uk
George Turner Models www.georgeturnermodels.com
Amato Slot Car Design

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)