13th-Apr-22, 06:02 PM
So, like I said, I had hoped to livestream last night but the wifi gods wouldn't allow it. I have video footage from the various rounds which I will cobble together and upload as soon as I can. But for now, here is the feedback from the night of racing last night. These are just observations and in no way criticisms. I genuinely enjoyed the opportunity to drive every one of these cars and experience the unique traits of each one so thank you to all of the entrants:
Class A:
Team RNLI – La Ferrari: It’s a Carrera, which means it’s quite heavy, the motor struggles with acceleration and braking at 12v, and its difficult to find replacement tyres that fit well. Fairly planted, just underpowered for the weight.
Scott Sports Racing – Aston Martin DB9: Nothing particularly wrong with this car, just lacks the punch and grip of some of it’s rivals.
Team Cube – Ford GT & Team Tatters Mercedes AMG: I discussed these two together as they are perfect running mates. These were so much fun to go head to head with as there was very little between them. After 20 laps with two different drivers, these cars were separated by 1/10th of a second!
Courtney Sport – Porsche 911 RSR: Surprise result here. This car is fast, smooth and has tons of grip on the bends. I think it missed out as Viking circuit is a very punchy track with lots of short accelerating sections. Although this car has it on top speed and cornering, in the short burst sections, it lacked the grunt of its long can motor’d competitors.
Ruscillo Racing – Renault Megane: Another surprise as this is clearly a fast car. Toward the end of its first run it developed a slight stutter in certain sections of track. It has extremely long braids and I think these were shorting on something or losing connection somewhere. These were fettled for the second run which was enough to give it the fastest overall lap time in this class; but even after this, it lacked the consistency of the top placed two Ninco’s.
Brumos RSR – Porsche 997 & Green Star Racing – Lamborghini Gallado: Again, these made great running mates. I’d say that the Porsche felt like it was getting faster and faster as the event went on and confidence grew with its handling characteristics. But at the end of the day the Lambo was built to run on this track, plus I think it was a case of the Slot-It P6 tyres being marginally better on this surface than the NSR’s that contributed to the final result… just… by less than a second!
Class A:
Team RNLI – La Ferrari: It’s a Carrera, which means it’s quite heavy, the motor struggles with acceleration and braking at 12v, and its difficult to find replacement tyres that fit well. Fairly planted, just underpowered for the weight.
Scott Sports Racing – Aston Martin DB9: Nothing particularly wrong with this car, just lacks the punch and grip of some of it’s rivals.
Team Cube – Ford GT & Team Tatters Mercedes AMG: I discussed these two together as they are perfect running mates. These were so much fun to go head to head with as there was very little between them. After 20 laps with two different drivers, these cars were separated by 1/10th of a second!
Courtney Sport – Porsche 911 RSR: Surprise result here. This car is fast, smooth and has tons of grip on the bends. I think it missed out as Viking circuit is a very punchy track with lots of short accelerating sections. Although this car has it on top speed and cornering, in the short burst sections, it lacked the grunt of its long can motor’d competitors.
Ruscillo Racing – Renault Megane: Another surprise as this is clearly a fast car. Toward the end of its first run it developed a slight stutter in certain sections of track. It has extremely long braids and I think these were shorting on something or losing connection somewhere. These were fettled for the second run which was enough to give it the fastest overall lap time in this class; but even after this, it lacked the consistency of the top placed two Ninco’s.
Brumos RSR – Porsche 997 & Green Star Racing – Lamborghini Gallado: Again, these made great running mates. I’d say that the Porsche felt like it was getting faster and faster as the event went on and confidence grew with its handling characteristics. But at the end of the day the Lambo was built to run on this track, plus I think it was a case of the Slot-It P6 tyres being marginally better on this surface than the NSR’s that contributed to the final result… just… by less than a second!

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)