12th-Apr-22, 11:38 AM
Just a small update, the cars have been checked over and generally seem fine. There are some absolute beauties in there which I'm looking forward to seeing go around the club track. There were a couple of observations:
Scott Sports Racing's Class A DB9 has quite a bit of side to side movement in the rear axle. I'm assuming the spur gear has somehow shifted over towards the wheel creating the room for the excessive play. I'm happy to adjust this back (it's easily accessible without removing the body), or I can leave it be.
Harrisons Racers Class C Camaro has a build up of rubber debris lodged in the teeth of the spur gear. I will brush this out, but it will likely build up again as I think the pinion may be chewing on the chunky soft rubber tyre when it's loaded on corners.
Rokers Roar's Class D Chevy Monte Carlo - the rear axle feels a bit stiff; it may be that the gear mesh is a bit tight or something else in going on. I'll see how this develops once the car is run.
Many (in fact nearly all) cars braids seemed a bit bent/curled up at the ends. I think during transport the are rubbing and snagging on the foam liner in the box. When they are repacked I shall put a small sheet of paper beneath each car which will hopefully prevent this from worsening.
If all goes to plan we should be running the cars this evening (a day earlier than originally planned). I had hoped to livestream some of the action but there is no internet at the club venue and it may prove too much to stream from my phone. Needless to say, I will record as much footage as possible and upload and share it as soon as I can
Scott Sports Racing's Class A DB9 has quite a bit of side to side movement in the rear axle. I'm assuming the spur gear has somehow shifted over towards the wheel creating the room for the excessive play. I'm happy to adjust this back (it's easily accessible without removing the body), or I can leave it be.
Harrisons Racers Class C Camaro has a build up of rubber debris lodged in the teeth of the spur gear. I will brush this out, but it will likely build up again as I think the pinion may be chewing on the chunky soft rubber tyre when it's loaded on corners.
Rokers Roar's Class D Chevy Monte Carlo - the rear axle feels a bit stiff; it may be that the gear mesh is a bit tight or something else in going on. I'll see how this develops once the car is run.
Many (in fact nearly all) cars braids seemed a bit bent/curled up at the ends. I think during transport the are rubbing and snagging on the foam liner in the box. When they are repacked I shall put a small sheet of paper beneath each car which will hopefully prevent this from worsening.
If all goes to plan we should be running the cars this evening (a day earlier than originally planned). I had hoped to livestream some of the action but there is no internet at the club venue and it may prove too much to stream from my phone. Needless to say, I will record as much footage as possible and upload and share it as soon as I can

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)