14th-Mar-22, 12:21 PM
Thanks chaps. I really enjoyed the weekend.
I think we'll keep the annual March 'Nationals' as a weekend event - it's busy, but is the only sensible way to get through so many cars and classes. The other three events each year will be weekday events.
Kev - we've always had issues with the non-mag pancake cars, especially if they have plenty of power... as yours does. There's a tendency for the front to lift dramatically under acceleration - getting F1-style 'porpoising' or a deslot. If the cars are also a little unbalanced, it will veer to one side or other - and on inspection, one shoe spring on the Chevy was firmer than the other. The fix? Balancing everything perfectly, plus a combination of weight at the front, plus a wheelie bar and/or button magnet at the back. A short RCR-style test track is a useful thing to have to perfect that launch phase.
There's details of the strip and all the 2022 formats and regulations in this new pdf guide...
I'll post a separate thread soon, but you have the pdf to look at now. Any questions just ask.
There are options in there to add to your fleet without too much work and without venturing into pancake territory. One very easy option are the new Micro Scalextric Astons (DB5 and V8) that fit into the Nostalgia Micro 2019 - plus the Inline Show and next year's Nationals. There are also a whole swathe of modern bodies coming (Rasio, Huracán and Porsche) that will be eligible on the new chassis at the Inline Show and Nationals.
If you need help sourcing anything, just shout - between us, we should be able to get our hands on almost anything HO. I will be doing a Lucky Bob's order this spring - and I'm happy to add stuff to my list.
One final piece of news - I'm planning a special edition of the South Coast HO Dragster fanzine to coincide with the two-year anniversary of the races in June. I'll collect all the stats from the past 16 races, together with some of the best images. And, in future, the fanzine might return as a yearbook each Christmas - summarising the season.
I'll be packing up cars this evening and aim to get them posted Wednesday or Thursday.
I think we'll keep the annual March 'Nationals' as a weekend event - it's busy, but is the only sensible way to get through so many cars and classes. The other three events each year will be weekday events.
Kev - we've always had issues with the non-mag pancake cars, especially if they have plenty of power... as yours does. There's a tendency for the front to lift dramatically under acceleration - getting F1-style 'porpoising' or a deslot. If the cars are also a little unbalanced, it will veer to one side or other - and on inspection, one shoe spring on the Chevy was firmer than the other. The fix? Balancing everything perfectly, plus a combination of weight at the front, plus a wheelie bar and/or button magnet at the back. A short RCR-style test track is a useful thing to have to perfect that launch phase.
There's details of the strip and all the 2022 formats and regulations in this new pdf guide...
I'll post a separate thread soon, but you have the pdf to look at now. Any questions just ask.
There are options in there to add to your fleet without too much work and without venturing into pancake territory. One very easy option are the new Micro Scalextric Astons (DB5 and V8) that fit into the Nostalgia Micro 2019 - plus the Inline Show and next year's Nationals. There are also a whole swathe of modern bodies coming (Rasio, Huracán and Porsche) that will be eligible on the new chassis at the Inline Show and Nationals.
If you need help sourcing anything, just shout - between us, we should be able to get our hands on almost anything HO. I will be doing a Lucky Bob's order this spring - and I'm happy to add stuff to my list.
One final piece of news - I'm planning a special edition of the South Coast HO Dragster fanzine to coincide with the two-year anniversary of the races in June. I'll collect all the stats from the past 16 races, together with some of the best images. And, in future, the fanzine might return as a yearbook each Christmas - summarising the season.
I'll be packing up cars this evening and aim to get them posted Wednesday or Thursday.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)