Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

2022 GT3 Proxy Race 2 Connecticut, USA
#2

The race is over.   Here is commentary from Smokeio.

Here's the finishing order. Congrats to all. Very close race with a good group of cars. The only thing really to report is the Scaleauto tires did not want to hook up here at all. I noticed the temp was a little colder than Saturday and overall the times were down but still quick. I tried everything with the Scaleauto tires cars, even stopping the event to clean and check the tires, just to make sure they were not dirty,

Thanks for the opportunity to host.

So here are some more random comments and thoughts from hosting and driving all of the cars:



Though I/we do not race rubber tires on a regular basis, all of the drivers last night were impressed with the overall handling of all of the cars. There were conversations between us the drivers on why we don't use them on a regular basis because the cars ran that good.



As the the cars rotated, there was a conversation from each driver to the next on how to drive the car and how to set the controller. With every conversation I heard was "this is another good one". I know I have said this before but from all of the years hosting proxies, these cars just keep getting better and better. I spoke to one of the drivers this morning and he was socked that how different all of the cars were, yet on the track they all felt that the drove the same, good.



In terms of driving the individual cars, there are some things that really stuck out for me:



#33 Brumos RSR - Tony, I started driving your car and I immediately thought you would win the car was so quick. I started to push it but right at the limit the car would come out. I watched it in the other lanes and all seemed to have similar issue. You are on to something with this car but just maybe a little more weight or forward weight(or whatever) but you have a great car with great potential.



# 79 Jimmyslots - Your car just drive awesome here. I was amazed on how deep I could go into the turn and the thing stuck. I kept pushing and pushing and the car stayed in and responded. What a great car.



#10 Mr Sir CGYRacer - I think we are all in trouble here. Again coming to a different style and surface track and this car doing so well amazes me. My hat is off to you and a superb build. You have again set the bar for performance.



One thing I noticed last night was cars did react differently to how long it took for the tires to come in. Some tires came in quickly while others took longer. When a car first rotated in this was quite evident. I believe this had to do with the temperature of the room being cool. In retrospect, if I ever host an event when it is very cool I would bring in some space heaters to bring the temperature up in hopes it would eliminate any warmup needed for the cars and allow the tires to work at their maximum performance.



Looking forward to the rest of the series!


Mike



[Image: 21268566-27-E4-42-A8-B80-C-E9-BA6-EDC0-B06.jpg]

Overall Standings after 2 races

[Image: E6-FA07-FA-6296-4890-8-DD9-5-ED8-A7-CAE38-D.jpg]
[+] 2 members Like Cgyracer's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
2022 GT3 Proxy Race 2 Connecticut, USA - by Cgyracer - 8th-Feb-22, 05:16 PM
RE: 2022 GT3 Proxy Race 2 Connecticut, USA - by Cgyracer - 10th-Feb-22, 06:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
5th-Sep-26, 02:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)