22nd-Jan-22, 04:42 PM
This is the result of a shoe catching at 8 mph...
That's the first time that's happened in 15 events, with hundreds - if not thousands - of runs.
The Micro track designs means that the rails tuck in to the next piece...
On one lane, that gives a slightly higher lip that the other - although there's an audible click on both sides. With standard braids, that's never a problem - they pretty much 'float' over the joins. If there's a sharp edge - as there is with the older Aurora shoes - and the front angle is not covered with braid, I guess this is a risk. The AutoWorld shoes are more rounded - and it not a bad idea to get a decent thickness of braid (or solder) right to the front of the shoe. That good for conductivity too.
The good news is that I've removed the shoe without any damage to the plastic hanger or the metal plate. The shoe has straightened out okay - and I even managed to catch the spring! All bagged-up and ready to fight another day
That's the first time that's happened in 15 events, with hundreds - if not thousands - of runs.
The Micro track designs means that the rails tuck in to the next piece...
On one lane, that gives a slightly higher lip that the other - although there's an audible click on both sides. With standard braids, that's never a problem - they pretty much 'float' over the joins. If there's a sharp edge - as there is with the older Aurora shoes - and the front angle is not covered with braid, I guess this is a risk. The AutoWorld shoes are more rounded - and it not a bad idea to get a decent thickness of braid (or solder) right to the front of the shoe. That good for conductivity too.
The good news is that I've removed the shoe without any damage to the plastic hanger or the metal plate. The shoe has straightened out okay - and I even managed to catch the spring! All bagged-up and ready to fight another day

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)