17th-Dec-21, 01:37 AM
A word about my pits. I was going to have a minimalist circuit at first (that lasted about a week), and only made a pit box the general shape of the Le Mans pits.
Then I saw people having good results with using printed textures over the foamboard.
So I started adding textures to my pit. One thing led to another and I ended up with the building pictured above.
Many liberties were taken, but paramount to me was the inclusion of the center section, which is repeated often along the run of the real complex. Housing, I am led to believe, press, officials, and dignitaries. I just love the look of this, and see it in so many pit photos.
Then to give the illusion of length, I doubled up and had two cars per pit box. Normally, of course, there is but one. But I didn't have room or printer ink enough to do a complex 60 boxes long.
The photos above feature the Phil Hill Aston Martin of 1963, then the next three are all from 1967. In the last photo, Teddy Mayer, later the McLaren F1 team boss, sixth from the right, is about to root for Bruce in the #2 Ford.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)