5th-Nov-21, 07:08 PM
The nights are drawing in, so time to get on with it!
Out with the old...
In with the new...
And an initial playing around with a rough layout based on a plan I have sketched up!
Initial impressions are: -
2.4m x 1.2m (8' x 4') is a 'good sized' base for my layout. Alot bigger than I had imagined, but actually it's the size I need for the layout I had in mind.
Lots of room for scenery...so I might try and expand the twisty section at the front to fill up more of the space. Not sure I have enough trees!
My initial thoughts were to elevate the loop at the back, and the 'ice curves' leading up to it. Once I power it all up and run cars round it, maybe I'll mock up a hill and see how it changes the driving experience.
Out with the old...
In with the new...
And an initial playing around with a rough layout based on a plan I have sketched up!
Initial impressions are: -
2.4m x 1.2m (8' x 4') is a 'good sized' base for my layout. Alot bigger than I had imagined, but actually it's the size I need for the layout I had in mind.
Lots of room for scenery...so I might try and expand the twisty section at the front to fill up more of the space. Not sure I have enough trees!
My initial thoughts were to elevate the loop at the back, and the 'ice curves' leading up to it. Once I power it all up and run cars round it, maybe I'll mock up a hill and see how it changes the driving experience.
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)