31st-Oct-21, 09:28 AM
(30th-Oct-21, 03:40 PM)OXO cube Wrote: hi guys
i was wondering if any1 had experience of both controllers
a kinda pros/cons of each
i have been told its a very personal thing , but i still need a nudge in which ever direction
it will be used only for club racing , analogue
Kev
Kev,
I own 2 SCP2s.
I use them at analogue tracks using the high current "metal" cartridge.
I chose the scp because of the Interchangeable cartridges which allows me to use the same controller on oxigen tracks.
I borrowed a truspeed apex last week during a practice session.
Using the Same car, the best lap times were the same.
Both controllers offer short and long Triggers in the box.
Scp2 positives:
-Contactless sweep arm on the trigger, impervious to dirt/wear on the circuit board.
-Multiple cartridges and analogue polarity support, including digital.
-Extensive tuning controls (provided you can master them) Refer to Mr flippant''s tutorial on youtube and the "braking explained" thread on this forum.
-Telemetry support (if that's your bag)
-Mode2 to limit top speed for kids or to tame motors that are too much for track conditions,
-Linear and curved trigger mapping options.
-Available from major retailers.
Scp2 negatives :
-Big and ugly. I defy anyone to tell me that this unit is pretty.
-Design favours right handed use.
-Superceeded by the SCP3 which is not yet a stable product and not yet used in DiSCA racing.
Truspeed apex positives
-Built in blast/bypass relay (it looks like it but only truspeed could confirm that this is really the case)
-Some very clever automatic brake response mapping.
-Simple controls
-Left hand Compatible.
-Quite pretty , well as pretty as a controller can be I suppose.
Truspeed apex negatives.
-No digital oxigen support although is is rumoured that Slot.IT will release the serial interface details for the scp3. If that us true, it would open the door for other manufacturers to support oxigen which would help grow the hobby.
In summary:
There is very little difference between the technical capability of each controller on an analogue track.
Do a back to back test as I did.
Evaluate your needs ( present and possible future needs)
AlanW

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)