30th-Oct-21, 04:53 PM
Definitely try before you buy. If you like the Truspeeds, that's a good sign!
I have both - I prefer my Truspeed MT1 (£90), but then I haven't given the SCP2 (£100) the time and attention it needs. This is a personal thing - I enjoy racing slot cars and any preparation is a tiresome, but necessary chore... including controller set-up. I also want as little circuitry between my finger and the car as possible. I drive most hard-bodied cars fastest with a 45 ohm Parma. I know that might make me weird.
The basic Truspeeds are very easy to dial in and have a very familiar feel for anyone who is progressing from set controllers, Parmas, DS resistor controllers etc. Obviously you can step up to the more fancy Truspeeds with more knobs and dials. The handle and trigger are super-comfortable, in my opinion.
The SCP does take more getting used to - and it looks and feels like a 1970s hairdryer. You're jumping in with the full complexity of dials and switches - as opposed to two for the basic Truspeeds. The trigger feels very light and doesn't give the same tactile 'friction' feedback of a resistor controller (or the Truspeed). That can feel great - or can be a bit disconcerting. It does take time, practice and research to get the most out of it - but you can potentially end up with something 'better' than the basic Truspeeds, especially if you're racing in the same club track week after week. That's where the small adjustments come in.
With the SCP, you also have the various cartridge options for home, club, digital and oXigen wireless racing. If you've ever thought of doing oXigen racing, then you'll be using an SCP - and being comfortable with using one will be a huge advantage, which is why I have one. But if oXigen is not in your plans, then that's irrelevant... Both have good support - Truspeed HQ is in Shropshire and Slot.it is via their UK distributor in West Sussex.
I have both - I prefer my Truspeed MT1 (£90), but then I haven't given the SCP2 (£100) the time and attention it needs. This is a personal thing - I enjoy racing slot cars and any preparation is a tiresome, but necessary chore... including controller set-up. I also want as little circuitry between my finger and the car as possible. I drive most hard-bodied cars fastest with a 45 ohm Parma. I know that might make me weird.
The basic Truspeeds are very easy to dial in and have a very familiar feel for anyone who is progressing from set controllers, Parmas, DS resistor controllers etc. Obviously you can step up to the more fancy Truspeeds with more knobs and dials. The handle and trigger are super-comfortable, in my opinion.
The SCP does take more getting used to - and it looks and feels like a 1970s hairdryer. You're jumping in with the full complexity of dials and switches - as opposed to two for the basic Truspeeds. The trigger feels very light and doesn't give the same tactile 'friction' feedback of a resistor controller (or the Truspeed). That can feel great - or can be a bit disconcerting. It does take time, practice and research to get the most out of it - but you can potentially end up with something 'better' than the basic Truspeeds, especially if you're racing in the same club track week after week. That's where the small adjustments come in.
With the SCP, you also have the various cartridge options for home, club, digital and oXigen wireless racing. If you've ever thought of doing oXigen racing, then you'll be using an SCP - and being comfortable with using one will be a huge advantage, which is why I have one. But if oXigen is not in your plans, then that's irrelevant... Both have good support - Truspeed HQ is in Shropshire and Slot.it is via their UK distributor in West Sussex.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)