Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Restricted guide travel. Any thoughts?
#1

I've swapped out the stock Scalextric guide on my Classic rear wheel drive Mini, for a Slot.it 'CH85 Advanced Blade Screw Racing Pickup', to control slop that I think was contributing to de-slotting.

Advantages are a longer, deeper guide that is more stable. I.E. the screw adjustment has done away with the sideways and back to front rocking that was apparent.

However, this has been replaced by a limited angle of rotation. I.E. with the stock guide in the slot you could pose the car at a maximum of 45-50 degrees on a straight piece of track, as seen below. 

   

With the new guide this angle is now restricted to 25-30 degrees.   

Will this be a problem, or another advantage? I have no opportunity to test the revised handling before the next club meeting.
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Restricted guide travel. Any thoughts? - by Top Down - 1st-Sep-21, 06:13 PM
RE: Restricted guide travel. Any thoughts? - by chrisguyw - 1st-Sep-21, 06:47 PM
RE: Restricted guide travel. Any thoughts? - by Top Down - 1st-Sep-21, 07:55 PM
RE: Restricted guide travel. Any thoughts? - by Johnno - 1st-Sep-21, 08:08 PM
RE: Restricted guide travel. Any thoughts? - by Top Down - 1st-Sep-21, 08:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nkarres
11th-Feb-23, 08:36 PM
Last Post by Savage GT
27th-Feb-22, 11:53 AM
Last Post by AdeC
14th-Aug-21, 01:33 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)