22nd-Aug-21, 05:46 PM
Here are the Best in Show results...
Thanks to everyone who voted and congrats to Rob on a well-deserved win!
Those added seconds mean I can reveal the final standings of this first TR7 Refurbs proxy...
It was a much closer result than I expected. Chris just pipped Jeremy on the three tests, a lead he stretched by three seconds thanks to the Best in Show votes. And votes almost got Rob onto the podium.
If you want driver feedback on the cars, message me. With a couple of tweaks, all the cars could have been contenders.... I did really enjoy the diversity of the chassis builds. Rob's car certainly showed a light TR7 with a standard Scalextric motor could perform well on the hill. Too much weight is tricky with the inclines - going up and especially going down!
At the end of the day, these three cars performed best across the three tests...
A very big thank you to everyone who took part. It was great fun to put the event together and have the pleasure of running your TR7s.
That's it for now. I'll aim to get your cars in the post tomorrow or Tuesday. If you didn't enclose a return address, I shall be in touch.
Thanks to everyone who voted and congrats to Rob on a well-deserved win!
Those added seconds mean I can reveal the final standings of this first TR7 Refurbs proxy...
It was a much closer result than I expected. Chris just pipped Jeremy on the three tests, a lead he stretched by three seconds thanks to the Best in Show votes. And votes almost got Rob onto the podium.
If you want driver feedback on the cars, message me. With a couple of tweaks, all the cars could have been contenders.... I did really enjoy the diversity of the chassis builds. Rob's car certainly showed a light TR7 with a standard Scalextric motor could perform well on the hill. Too much weight is tricky with the inclines - going up and especially going down!
At the end of the day, these three cars performed best across the three tests...
A very big thank you to everyone who took part. It was great fun to put the event together and have the pleasure of running your TR7s.
That's it for now. I'll aim to get your cars in the post tomorrow or Tuesday. If you didn't enclose a return address, I shall be in touch.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)