21st-Aug-21, 08:58 AM
Test Two: Skid Pan
Beware: risk of motion sickness!
The skid pan is a circle of Scalextric Sport Radius2 curves, powered directly by an adjustable DC power supply. I increase the voltage until the car starts to stutter or slow due to a loss of traction. The car is run in both directions and I take a note of the voltage when the car starts to lose traction.
That's the process when I'm setting up a car - but I've adapted it to time five laps for this second TR7 test. I start the LapTracker app when the car is at a stable speed - timing begins when the car triggers the phone's camera and then times the next five laps. I have noted the times and the voltage. The Test Two score is the sum of the ten laps - five in each direction.
Beware: risk of motion sickness!
The skid pan is a circle of Scalextric Sport Radius2 curves, powered directly by an adjustable DC power supply. I increase the voltage until the car starts to stutter or slow due to a loss of traction. The car is run in both directions and I take a note of the voltage when the car starts to lose traction.
That's the process when I'm setting up a car - but I've adapted it to time five laps for this second TR7 test. I start the LapTracker app when the car is at a stable speed - timing begins when the car triggers the phone's camera and then times the next five laps. I have noted the times and the voltage. The Test Two score is the sum of the ten laps - five in each direction.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)