12th-Jul-21, 12:09 PM
Hello Kev and Rob,
Yes there is a chemical solution that will remove the paint and leave the plastic as is. It's an engine degreaser found at hardware stores. It's called Super Clean.
I have used it on 25+ cars without issue. Bodies can soak for 3-days without issue.
I bought a T-jet that was painted poorly.
It looked like this after soaking for 24-hours.
Word of note. Super Clean also removes chrome. But is safe on windshield glass, etc.
Cheers,
Ken
Yes there is a chemical solution that will remove the paint and leave the plastic as is. It's an engine degreaser found at hardware stores. It's called Super Clean.
I have used it on 25+ cars without issue. Bodies can soak for 3-days without issue.
I bought a T-jet that was painted poorly.
It looked like this after soaking for 24-hours.
Word of note. Super Clean also removes chrome. But is safe on windshield glass, etc.
Cheers,
Ken

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)