10th-Jun-21, 02:48 AM
(9th-Jun-21, 07:58 PM)BARacer Wrote: I think I have inevitably over-thought my first entry!
And picking up on one point Mr Brumos, how did your 'qualifying' car differ from your race car?
When I had to qualify in I built a car solely for the shootout as I wanted to make the field. I was praying SirF1Fan would be able to drive it during qualifying. He put it on the pole!!!! That said the car was fast, too fast and was difficult to drive during the 10 races. I pulled the 32k motor, the 2020 winning car built by SirCgyRacer, used a 25k motor, mine was over kill. This season, a change to a 30k motor was the guess as the car is 93-96 grams. The only other change was a wood guide after I cracked one guide and snapped a 2nd one in the finale. We will see what changes are needed when the car returns to improve drivability if it returns. Also, a plastic chassis is plenty, hybrid chassis are not needed to compete.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)