2nd-Jun-21, 10:24 AM
Host advantage
another perhaps "elephant in the room" topic, yes it was certainly apparent that Host cars ran better in the main on their own tracks Stages than during other stages, which of course is not surprising as they modelled their cars around their tracks, so apart from the Stage 3 "MYST Raceway" which was run by a host not running a car in the competition there is an argument for finding some formula which could be used to factor to dampen down this advantagious effect when using individual hosts with competing cars. I will be looking at all the data I have, and try a couple of ideas just to see how this might have changed the eventual outcome, if at all. But it is worth considering for any new event, although there maybe the opportunity to use some track club tracks in future where again the "driver" of the cars might not be running any cars themselves.
Fees
Although I set out the £8 fee as hopefully covering the inter host transport costs and cost of the Trophy etc, it would have fallen short if it was not for the generosity of the entrants who paid by cash with cars, these 8 entrants all paid £10 each even when one at least was only entering one car. This ended up with a small surplus to which I was (with abit of discount buy the Trophy winners slot car). All the other prizes and medal being supplied by our generous sponsors to which I am extremely grateful.
So I think again retrospectively the fee should have been £10 for each entrant and maybe with return postal fee added if we limit the number of entrants to a more manageable size (as fewer entrants means less overall fees but still with the same transport costs)
Another break
another perhaps "elephant in the room" topic, yes it was certainly apparent that Host cars ran better in the main on their own tracks Stages than during other stages, which of course is not surprising as they modelled their cars around their tracks, so apart from the Stage 3 "MYST Raceway" which was run by a host not running a car in the competition there is an argument for finding some formula which could be used to factor to dampen down this advantagious effect when using individual hosts with competing cars. I will be looking at all the data I have, and try a couple of ideas just to see how this might have changed the eventual outcome, if at all. But it is worth considering for any new event, although there maybe the opportunity to use some track club tracks in future where again the "driver" of the cars might not be running any cars themselves.
Fees
Although I set out the £8 fee as hopefully covering the inter host transport costs and cost of the Trophy etc, it would have fallen short if it was not for the generosity of the entrants who paid by cash with cars, these 8 entrants all paid £10 each even when one at least was only entering one car. This ended up with a small surplus to which I was (with abit of discount buy the Trophy winners slot car). All the other prizes and medal being supplied by our generous sponsors to which I am extremely grateful.
So I think again retrospectively the fee should have been £10 for each entrant and maybe with return postal fee added if we limit the number of entrants to a more manageable size (as fewer entrants means less overall fees but still with the same transport costs)
Another break

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)