1st-Jun-21, 06:27 AM
Yes, a big thank you to all who helped make this event happen.
I am new to slot car racing, and due to lockdown restrictions, have had very little time on our club track in the past year. In fact I had never even heard of "proxy" events, this time last year! The thought of letting someone else have the fun of running your car, seemed very alien to me!
Anyway, decided to give it a go. Very much an unknown, preparing cars for tracks you had never seen, let alone, experienced. Then, hoping for a good performance by a driver who had only a few seconds of prior running of your car. Big decisions; which tyres will be best over 12 mixed stages, and, how low do you gear it? Hopefully, taking part in some slot rally events, this year, will give me a better idea of answers to these questions.
Anyway, it was great to watch the video'd stages and waiting for the official stage figures to come through.
Certainly something I would would do again. Very pleased that all of my cars proved reliable and got to the end. Two of the cars performed better than expected, but the one with the best pedigree was disappointing.
After the end of the rally, the team finished in the top 10, with all cars scoring some points during the race. Best thing was good performance of one car, looks like I'm in the prizes!!
Again, thank you to all who helped make this happen.
I am new to slot car racing, and due to lockdown restrictions, have had very little time on our club track in the past year. In fact I had never even heard of "proxy" events, this time last year! The thought of letting someone else have the fun of running your car, seemed very alien to me!
Anyway, decided to give it a go. Very much an unknown, preparing cars for tracks you had never seen, let alone, experienced. Then, hoping for a good performance by a driver who had only a few seconds of prior running of your car. Big decisions; which tyres will be best over 12 mixed stages, and, how low do you gear it? Hopefully, taking part in some slot rally events, this year, will give me a better idea of answers to these questions.
Anyway, it was great to watch the video'd stages and waiting for the official stage figures to come through.
Certainly something I would would do again. Very pleased that all of my cars proved reliable and got to the end. Two of the cars performed better than expected, but the one with the best pedigree was disappointing.
After the end of the rally, the team finished in the top 10, with all cars scoring some points during the race. Best thing was good performance of one car, looks like I'm in the prizes!!
Again, thank you to all who helped make this happen.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)