30th-Apr-21, 10:17 AM
(30th-Apr-21, 08:35 AM)Graham Wrote: ...first of all many thanks to Michael, I see he persevered well into evening, and I kind of felt that having gritted his teeth abit over the Scalextric Class he warmed more so to the unlimited and Classic classes. However I make no apologies for the Scalextric Class, it is a great leveller of fortunes and lets face it most of us would have never been slotters if not for that brand.Don't let the timings of the posts put anyone off, running was finished by 5.3 even if I delayed the posting of results 'till after dinner.
68 cars is a big field though, over 1000 laps of driving, so I was pleased that everything ran perfectly - any tech issues would have been a major downer.
As for my perceived anti-Scalextric bias, it comes from frustration. I too got into slot car racing via the brand, I loved Scalextric from the first squeeze of the trigger, but nowadays I despair for it. IMO it's more likely to put off new-comers than hook them. But that rabbit hole leads to a hi-jacked thread, so let's draw a veil over it.
Anyway, the cars are back in the big white box. I'll run them into Hereford this afternoon ready for their encounter with the ice track chez Phil.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)