24th-Feb-21, 04:38 PM
So onto the chassis mod.
The pod was epoxied in and left to dry.
Once it had, I removed the clamps and used a load more epoxy to surround the frame, it ain't pretty but strength is the priority here !
![[Image: 6G1aWNK.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/6G1aWNK.jpg)
Here you can see the 0.7mm offset pod still way lower than the stock bearing (before I cut them off).
I had to use a 1mm offset bearing and 2mm spacers under the pod to get the same axle height.
![[Image: ON0ErtA.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/ON0ErtA.jpg)
Once I got the proper length screws for the pod, I could wrap up the project
![[Image: 7gkTlWl.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/7gkTlWl.jpg)
![[Image: pRgukOP.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/pRgukOP.jpg)
![[Image: PZrWGaj.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/PZrWGaj.jpg)
![[Image: rGsWKJ8.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/rGsWKJ8.jpg)
Once again, many thanks to Angelo of Amato 3D Printed chassis and accessories, for letting me loose with some prototypes more of which I have to share with you at a later date
And to think I originally only intended to change the wheels
The pod was epoxied in and left to dry.
Once it had, I removed the clamps and used a load more epoxy to surround the frame, it ain't pretty but strength is the priority here !
![[Image: 6G1aWNK.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/6G1aWNK.jpg)
Here you can see the 0.7mm offset pod still way lower than the stock bearing (before I cut them off).
I had to use a 1mm offset bearing and 2mm spacers under the pod to get the same axle height.
![[Image: ON0ErtA.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/ON0ErtA.jpg)
Once I got the proper length screws for the pod, I could wrap up the project
![[Image: 7gkTlWl.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/7gkTlWl.jpg)
![[Image: pRgukOP.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/pRgukOP.jpg)
![[Image: PZrWGaj.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/PZrWGaj.jpg)
![[Image: rGsWKJ8.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/rGsWKJ8.jpg)
Once again, many thanks to Angelo of Amato 3D Printed chassis and accessories, for letting me loose with some prototypes more of which I have to share with you at a later date

And to think I originally only intended to change the wheels

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)