16th-Feb-21, 02:06 PM
The bolts are counterbored so as not to be missaligned. It's machined straight. You'll have a hard time throwing it off unless you drop it.
There are a few changes I did to mine.
1) I true the tires at a very slight angle tapering smaller to the outside. It's actually very hard to try and missalign that system. I had to loosen all the bolts, give it a twist, and tighten the bolts again. You can barely notice the angle. Along with proper profiling, the slight angle helps the tires break-in on the track in without grabbing and flipping the car.
2) I found that the drum was leaving deep score lines in the tires due to a few high spots in the sand on the drum. So I took a wide file and barely touched the drum while rotating it one turn by hand to remove the extremely tall bits of sand. Be very careful, or you'll be buying a new drum. It takes me a few minutes longer to true the tires now. But the end result is much smoother.
Buy several fine grit nail files from the dollar store for profiling. Every tire needs to be profiled before it goes on the car. The sharp corners where the sidewalls meet the tread need to be rounded slightly.
Congrats on your new truer!!!
There are a few changes I did to mine.
1) I true the tires at a very slight angle tapering smaller to the outside. It's actually very hard to try and missalign that system. I had to loosen all the bolts, give it a twist, and tighten the bolts again. You can barely notice the angle. Along with proper profiling, the slight angle helps the tires break-in on the track in without grabbing and flipping the car.
2) I found that the drum was leaving deep score lines in the tires due to a few high spots in the sand on the drum. So I took a wide file and barely touched the drum while rotating it one turn by hand to remove the extremely tall bits of sand. Be very careful, or you'll be buying a new drum. It takes me a few minutes longer to true the tires now. But the end result is much smoother.
Buy several fine grit nail files from the dollar store for profiling. Every tire needs to be profiled before it goes on the car. The sharp corners where the sidewalls meet the tread need to be rounded slightly.
Congrats on your new truer!!!

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)