2nd-Feb-21, 02:18 PM
I agree with you Alan that the Hudy is super expensive.
But you also underlined why you don't need one all the time. You refered to skimming RTR tires.
I need to severely chop lots of meat off every set of tires for scratch-built cars. That takes time. Time is money. I chopped the daylights out of all the tires in the above photo in an afternoon.
My need to borrow a truer from someone else would be so over the top, it would cross the line into part time theft.
The tires on the Rover all started out the same size. You can't get this kind of fit without a proper truer.
It really comes down to what type of cars you buy or build. I buy static kits and convert them into slot cars. I can't live without my truer.
Cheers,
Ken
But you also underlined why you don't need one all the time. You refered to skimming RTR tires.
I need to severely chop lots of meat off every set of tires for scratch-built cars. That takes time. Time is money. I chopped the daylights out of all the tires in the above photo in an afternoon.
My need to borrow a truer from someone else would be so over the top, it would cross the line into part time theft.
The tires on the Rover all started out the same size. You can't get this kind of fit without a proper truer.
It really comes down to what type of cars you buy or build. I buy static kits and convert them into slot cars. I can't live without my truer.
Cheers,
Ken

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)