2nd-Feb-21, 08:32 AM
I have a basic tyre skimmer based on the principles in the OP.
I use my RRV2 Rolling Road and a flat plate with sandpaper.
This simpistic approach works well for skimming RTR tyres like NSR red and Urethanes.
If I've optimised the gears to the point where they are fast and nearly silent, I may not want to run the motor and drive train in reverse to skim the tyres so in this case I have an old motor and mount setup onto which I can mount the wheels to skim them.
If I want to true and glue new Slot.it f22 , NSR ultras etc , I borrow an NSR type tyre truer from a club buddy.
In the end, money spend on a truer is money NOT spent on car parts.
Truer lathe units ( like the hudy ) are damn expensive and really can't be used for anything else.
Alan
I use my RRV2 Rolling Road and a flat plate with sandpaper.
This simpistic approach works well for skimming RTR tyres like NSR red and Urethanes.
If I've optimised the gears to the point where they are fast and nearly silent, I may not want to run the motor and drive train in reverse to skim the tyres so in this case I have an old motor and mount setup onto which I can mount the wheels to skim them.
If I want to true and glue new Slot.it f22 , NSR ultras etc , I borrow an NSR type tyre truer from a club buddy.
In the end, money spend on a truer is money NOT spent on car parts.
Truer lathe units ( like the hudy ) are damn expensive and really can't be used for anything else.
Alan

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)