26th-Jan-21, 02:08 PM
Just something I’ve been thinking about while doing the dishes today. What would it take, organisation wise, to put on a 5/6 round national (hosts from around the country) ‘clubmans’ proxy series while we can’t get to clubs. It could be for any range of cars (80’s scalextric, rally, gt etc) based on cars that can be obtained for around £10 and under or most people will have at home already. It could run like the current rally sprint but could be: send cars to round 1, have the event, return cars to competitors for fettling ahead of sending to round 2 etc.
By clubmans I mean both running at peoples houses, on a permanent/semi permanent/home built for that event track rather than a ‘pro’ club track (I’ve seen some awesomely landscaped home tracks) and also fairly basic cars (or a range of classes from standard to highly modified) allowing for ingenuity and building rather than who has the biggest wallet. The event could even have a ‘guest support category’ each round (eg lmp on round, trucks the next, rally next round etc) to give people maximum chance to run as many different cars as they like.
Due to the couple of month gap between events the host could take their time over an event, rather than 6 hours on a Sunday it could be one class a day or 5-10 cars a night for a week or so.
Like I said this was just a thought while doing the dishes. I have never run a proxy so wouldn’t know the issues involved, just with so many people enjoying this rally it might give us something to look forward to and could turn in to a yearly thing?
By clubmans I mean both running at peoples houses, on a permanent/semi permanent/home built for that event track rather than a ‘pro’ club track (I’ve seen some awesomely landscaped home tracks) and also fairly basic cars (or a range of classes from standard to highly modified) allowing for ingenuity and building rather than who has the biggest wallet. The event could even have a ‘guest support category’ each round (eg lmp on round, trucks the next, rally next round etc) to give people maximum chance to run as many different cars as they like.
Due to the couple of month gap between events the host could take their time over an event, rather than 6 hours on a Sunday it could be one class a day or 5-10 cars a night for a week or so.
Like I said this was just a thought while doing the dishes. I have never run a proxy so wouldn’t know the issues involved, just with so many people enjoying this rally it might give us something to look forward to and could turn in to a yearly thing?

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)